ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

PR Application

About immigration to Canada, canadian immigration programms.
Skilled worker points calculator | about skilled worker immigration

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

omerabdul
Newly Registered

PR Application

Post by omerabdul » Sun Jul 21, 2013 12:38 am

Hello everyone,

I am putting this question on behalf of my friend who lives and works in Canada.

His situation is unique. A brief story about his background:

He is married and has a baby. His marriage is in trouble and as of now he not sure if his marriage will succeed or end up in divorce.

He got his PNP approved and is qualified to file an application for his Permanent Residence in Canada. The issue is if he wishes to apply for the whole family he would need his spouse application and baby's documents to submit along with his application. However this is not happening due to his troubled relationship with his wife delaying any progress.

Therefor he applied just for self and now his application has been returned as incomplete (spouse and child). The immigration has given him 5 weeks to submit the details of his wife and child. He is unsure how this is going to happen.

The question is:

1) Is there any way he could apply without the details of his spouse and kid with an option to apply for them at a later date?

2) Can he write a letter to the case worker explaining the situation?

3) If the couple picked the divorce route, would a letter from the solicitor be sufficient to support the application

Thank you for your assistance and look forward to receiving your response.

jrge

Re: PR Application

Post by jrge » Sun Jul 21, 2013 1:30 pm

Hi,
omerabdul wrote:Hello everyone,

I am putting this question on behalf of my friend who lives and works in Canada.

His situation is unique. A brief story about his background:

He is married and has a baby. His marriage is in trouble and as of now he not sure if his marriage will succeed or end up in divorce.

He got his PNP approved and is qualified to file an application for his Permanent Residence in Canada. The issue is if he wishes to apply for the whole family he would need his spouse application and baby's documents to submit along with his application. However this is not happening due to his troubled relationship with his wife delaying any progress.

Therefor he applied just for self and now his application has been returned as incomplete (spouse and child). The immigration has given him 5 weeks to submit the details of his wife and child. He is unsure how this is going to happen.

The question is:

1) Is there any way he could apply without the details of his spouse and kid with an option to apply for them at a later date?

2) Can he write a letter to the case worker explaining the situation?

3) If the couple picked the divorce route, would a letter from the solicitor be sufficient to support the application

Thank you for your assistance and look forward to receiving your response.
I would encourage him to seek professional help and assistance ASAP.
Life is short, so let's get moving!
* Passport received: Family Permit approved AUG-22, 2011
* Landed in the UK: DEC-04TH-2011
* Received RC: MAR-21ST-2012
* Back to North-America Jul 2012

omerabdul
Newly Registered

Post by omerabdul » Tue Jul 23, 2013 11:25 pm

Thank you, will ask him to seek professional advise

neoseal
Member of Standing

Post by neoseal » Sat Jul 27, 2013 12:11 pm

I personally would suggest that even if the marriage is on the verge of divorce, he must include his wife and child on current application.

Ask him to forget all disputes between then, at least for this PR application, in the long run it will be helpful to both of them and the most for their child as in future if he wants to come to Canada or live there he will not have to go thru all this immigration hassle as he is going thru.

Tell him to explain everything to his wife, all of them will get PR and after that they can divorce.
Resolve amicably.