ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Need urgent help on passport application please

A section for posts relating to applications for Naturalisation or Registration as a British Citizen. Naturalisation

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

manchesterboy
Newly Registered

Need urgent help on passport application please

Post by manchesterboy » Sun Jul 21, 2013 8:39 am

I just became a British National and will be booking a ceremony shortly, but need a passport before the end of August because I have some business in Turkey.

On the application form, it says to attach "The passport you entered the UK with and your Home Office certificate of registration or naturalisation.
Note: do not confuse your certificate of registration or naturalisation with any ceremonial certificate you may have been given at the same time.".

I do not a passport, I came to the UK as a child more than 10 years ago and it's been misplaced by my mum since then, what should I do? Can I send them the Indefinite Leave to Remain?

Also, do I get the certification of naturalisation after the ceremony or is it the letter that came telling me my application was successful?

Thanks
Last edited by manchesterboy on Sun Jul 21, 2013 9:39 am, edited 1 time in total.

Ayyubi72
- thin ice -

Post by Ayyubi72 » Sun Jul 21, 2013 9:23 am

You will get naturalisation certificate on the day you attend ceremony.

You only need to send your current (uncancelled) passport of your home country with your British passport application.

manchesterboy
Newly Registered

Post by manchesterboy » Sun Jul 21, 2013 9:30 am

Ayyubi72 wrote:You will get naturalisation certificate on the day you attend ceremony.

You only need to send your current (uncancelled) passport of your home country with your British passport application.
Sorry if the OP was a bit confusing, I do not have a passport at all. I'm 20 years old and came to the UK when I was about 10, I have no idea what happened to my passport. Should I attach a note telling them that?

Ayyubi72
- thin ice -

Post by Ayyubi72 » Sun Jul 21, 2013 9:54 am

Yes, explain to them that you do not have any passports.

It is not mentioned anywhere, but common sense approach would be that you include some kind of photo identification with your application. You ILR, photo driving license maybe.

If they need anything else, they will let you know.

mealos

Post by mealos » Tue Jul 23, 2013 7:15 am

You can apply for a Turkish passport if you have an Turkish ID showing your ID number on it. Application is via an appointment that you book online www.turkishconsulategeneral.org.uk and you can find a slot quicker than you think.

They even have the photo booth in the premises so you just fill the form online, go there, then pick it up in a week's time.

If you simply retain your naturalization certificate till you go to Turkey, you shall face no problems on your way back in.

Oh, if you manage to get your British passport with you just take your Turkish ID with you to Turkey (hope you renewed it recently) and you dont need to get into long queues for visas or Non-Turkish nationals' passport check line :)

mealos

Post by mealos » Tue Jul 23, 2013 7:18 am

Forgot to tell that you can get an official translation of your ID information in a formal certificate with your photo and Turkish Consulate General's stamps on it which will be counted pretty much as a your homeland passport in your application.

Check the website I have given to you...