ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Need expert advice

Only for UK Student Visas, formerly known as Tier 4 (General) student visa

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

SHUGAL
Newly Registered

Need expert advice

Post by SHUGAL » Sun Jul 21, 2013 11:51 am

Hi
Please help me with the situation

I applied for a new course started taking classes, paid my full fee of one year
but i received the refusal and now i asked my college for refund as it was mentioned on their policies that if my application is refused
the college will refund the fees paid,but they deducted
2500 pounds and returned me the remaining,
What should i do, to get my money backk , thanks

njoy1987
Member of Standing

Re: Need expert advice

Post by njoy1987 » Tue Jul 23, 2013 10:49 am

SHUGAL wrote:Hi

but i received the refusal and now i asked my college for refund as it was mentioned on their policies that if my application is refused
Be polite and speak to someone with authority in your college. Explain them it's a substantial amount of money and your only a student. Remind them of their policy and try to be calm if you lose temper or threaten action they will turn around and tell u go for it. Which you can but will cost u more for legal assistance which is just ruining the relationship further and a last resort provided you got money for the solicitors etc good luck I really hope your able to get ur money back

I must say 2500 is a huge amount I would imagine they are entitled to some of the money for registration and admin costs etc shouldn't be more than 500 quid. Try explaining this

Deviser

Post by Deviser » Tue Jul 23, 2013 1:30 pm

njoy1987 wrote:

Be polite and speak to someone with authority in your college. Explain them it's a substantial amount of money and your only a student. Remind them of their policy and try to be calm if you lose temper or threaten action they will turn around and tell u go for it. Which you can but will cost u more for legal assistance which is just ruining the relationship further and a last resort provided you got money for the solicitors etc good luck I really hope your able to get ur money back

I must say 2500 is a huge amount I would imagine they are entitled to some of the money for registration and admin costs etc shouldn't be more than 500 quid. Try explaining this
You actually cannot do anything!

They know everything about this solicitor thing. Thats the reason they keep £2500 coz they know only solicitor can take this money out and their fee will be minimum 2k-3k and you will not go for this option.

The best thing is, go to the police and report fruad. Tell them they refund you cash £2500 and than take £2500 cash from you forcefully. Money will come out or not, atleast their business will be reported. Plus, report them badly to UKBA as well. Do as much bad as possible for them you know what I mean. ;)

njoy1987
Member of Standing

Post by njoy1987 » Wed Jul 24, 2013 1:49 am

Deviser wrote:
njoy1987 wrote:

You actually cannot do anything!

They know everything about this solicitor thing. Thats the reason they keep £2500 coz they know only solicitor can take this money out and their fee will be minimum 2k-3k and you will not go for this option.

The best thing is, go to the police and report fruad. Tell them they refund you cash £2500 and than take £2500 cash from you forcefully. Money will come out or not, atleast their business will be reported. Plus, report them badly to UKBA as well. Do as much bad as possible for them you know what I mean. ;)
Deviser's advise might Sound harsh but unfortunately these colleges are known to take advantage and suck every bit of money they can and are known of taking advantage of someone's situation I think it is terrible. Do what you can to get your hard earned money these colleges are rich enough