ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Student Dependant to Spouse of British citizen

Family member & Ancestry immigration; don't post other immigration categories, please!
Marriage | Unmarried Partners | Fiancé | Ancestry

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

fpoptani
Newly Registered

Student Dependant to Spouse of British citizen

Post by fpoptani » Sun Mar 04, 2007 12:03 pm

Hi All
I came to the UK in oct 2005 on a student visa on my kenya passport.
:( Student Visa fee Ksh 13000 approx £100.00 :(

My wife joined me soon afterwards (nov 2005) on a student dependant visa.
:( Another approx 100.00 :(

I applied and got a British Overseas Citizens Passport as i was entitled to it thru my father.
:( Passport fees £45.00 :(

My daughter was born in the uk after that (Dec 2005). She also got a BOC passport.
:( passport fees £35.00 :(

Got employment and applied for work permit.employer paid £144 WP fee's. i paid the FLR fees but this time i applied for me , my wife and my daugther on one application. At the PEO coydon they refused to issue the FLR in my BOC passport and insisted that they will use the Kenya Passport that i had initially enetered UK on.
:( FLR IED fees 500.00 :(

On the same day as i was in croydon i applied to Register as a British citizen using section 4B from a British Overseas Citizen. I decidid to use an Immmigration adviser as it was complicated having a Kenya Passport.
:( Reg Fees £200.00 advisor fee's £300.00 :(

My registration as a BC came thru inn four weeks. Damn i pid 500.00 for four weeks. Appkied for British Passport got it no probs
:( passport fee's £45.00 :(

Now at this point i m a british citizen and my wife and kid r on as dependants on my previous FLR-IED though not expired but as i have become a British Citizen i am not here on the basis of that FLR-IED .

I decided to register my child first and had two routes BOTA and MN1 as advised by the HO helpline. The fees were also the same. Went with the MN1 hoping it would be straight foward and fast but does not seem like that. Sent MN1 application on 27/ NOV / 2006, recd acknowledgement 11/12/20006 and since then havent heard anything from them.
:( MN1 fee's 200.00 :(

I havent applied to change status of my wife and she is still here as FLR-IED holder dependant. The reason being that a lot of my orignal documents are still stuck with the MN1 application for my child and i also thought it would be better for the case. What do yo guys think i should do?Taking into account the cheapest option as the HO has made a fortune out of me. bcoz as things go i still have to chuck out passort fee's £45.00 fo rmy daughetr when the MN1 comes thru , then the change of status of my wife will cost another £ 335 for a postal application. What routhe should i tale for my wife now is it the FLR-M or can i go through another process.?? Is it possible to leave her on the asame visa she is on now then apply for ILR later on?