ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

VAF5 do speeding ticket count as criminal offences?

Use this section for any queries concerning the EU Settlement Scheme, for applicants holding pre-settled and settled status.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

canuckUK
Newly Registered

VAF5 do speeding ticket count as criminal offences?

Post by canuckUK » Mon Jul 22, 2013 12:45 am

Hi,

I'm filling form VAF5 and at question 6.10, it asks:
"Have you ever been charged in any country with a criminal offence for which you have not yet been tried in court (including traffic offences)?"

Do speeding ticket count as criminal offence.?
Should I list 5-6 years old speeding ticket.?

I would think not, but I'v read people suggesting to mention everything, even speeding or parking ticket to be "transparent".

I also read this on UK Border Agency website (in the british citizenship section):
"You must give details of all unspent criminal convictions. This includes road traffic offences but not fixed penalty notices (such as speeding or parking tickets) unless they were given in court."

Thanks.

Jambo
Respected Guru

Post by Jambo » Mon Jul 22, 2013 6:37 am

Normally no (unless court/jail time was involved).

Amber
Mood:
United Kingdom

Post by Amber » Mon Jul 22, 2013 7:52 am

The test for EEA applications is different, the crimes usually have to be serious in nature to prove a problem. An FPN is not a conviction (unless you went to Court and were found guilty). If you were just issued an FPN then it shouldn't be relevant.
**this forum is not intended to be a substitute for professional advice**
Click here to send me a PM regarding an offensive post. Do NOT PM me for immigration advice.

ecogle
inactive

what about simple caution

Post by ecogle » Mon Jul 22, 2013 8:18 am

Hi,

I also had FPN and simple police caution for common assualt. I have mentioned all those in my EEA residence permit. It will play any vital role in outcome of application?
Many thanks

EUfamilymember

Post by EUfamilymember » Thu Jul 25, 2013 8:29 am

What about banks overdarft? i have to leave uk and i left my bank empty. now i want to go back is it going to be a problem?

wiggsy

Post by wiggsy » Thu Jul 25, 2013 11:02 am

EUfamilymember wrote:What about banks overdarft? i have to leave uk and i left my bank empty. now i want to go back is it going to be a problem?

banks are not governmental... but it risks your credit profile if your going into debt (not wise if you plan to settle in the UK)...

if you want to have a mortgage etc later, always leave money in your banks (never let it go into debt) - obviously this isnt immigration though ;)

Directive/2004/38/EC
Respected Guru
Location: does not matter if you are with your EEA family member

Post by Directive/2004/38/EC » Thu Jul 25, 2013 2:55 pm

If you have spent more than one year in prison and are an ongoing threat to society, then please spend time thinking about this issue.

Otherwise you will have no problem.

If you really want to read about it you can read the UKBA policy document release by an FOI request: https://www.whatdotheyknow.com/request/ ... I27127.pdf

wiggsy

Post by wiggsy » Thu Jul 25, 2013 3:17 pm

wow, they released the information...

I didnt get a notification for the request update... Cheers Directive.

BTW: You realise that these policy notices are emailed with further information too... (See my Certificate of Application Request: https://www.whatdotheyknow.com/request/ ... dacted.pdf)

EUfamilymember

Post by EUfamilymember » Thu Jul 25, 2013 10:20 pm

Directive/2004/38/EC wrote:If you have spent more than one year in prison and are an ongoing threat to society, then please spend time thinking about this issue.

Otherwise you will have no problem.

If you really want to read about it you can read the UKBA policy document release by an FOI request: https://www.whatdotheyknow.com/request/ ... I27127.pdf
thanks for your link. really useful link. i applied for EEA 1 9th of this month and still waiting for response. As far as i know they should give me result within 15 working days. lets see what they will say.