ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Applying for OCI from India and Visitor Visa

Please post country topics not listed elsewhere.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

ric1982
Member of Standing

Applying for OCI from India and Visitor Visa

Post by ric1982 » Mon Jul 22, 2013 9:06 am

Hi,

My wife planning for long term visit (8 months) in India. She just got BC two weeks ago and she applied for her British passport. She is planning to apply for her OCI while in India. Now we have two options after she receives her British Passport here.

(1) After she gets her British passport she travels to India (with in 3 months of her gaining BC) on Indian passport as being Indian (as you know the all immigration forms on the plane and airport she will fill as Indian citizen). Then when she is in India she first Surrender her Indian Passport and apply for the OCI. In this my worry is that when she apply for he Surrender her passport / OCI application; could she be targeted as stated on her immigration form as Indian (When she travelled)?

(2) Surrender her Indian passport here in UK and then apply for six months visitor visa. But my concern is that if she is refused visitor visa (for e.g. on any silly ground) then it will delay her trip and add additional stress and cost. (cost for e.g. visa fees, "would" not buy ticket in Advance before visa etc)

She will be travelling with a small child.

I would really appreciate your input on this.

Many Thanks

ban.s

Post by ban.s » Mon Jul 22, 2013 9:29 am

Option 2
Don't foresee any refusal on "silly ground" unless you submit an incomplete form and/or don't provide requested documents.