ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Tier 1 General (New born)

Archived UK Tier 1 (General) points system forum. This route no longer exists.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

nikitasha8

Tier 1 General (New born)

Post by nikitasha8 » Mon Jul 22, 2013 10:07 am

Hi

I am pregnant and will be going to India when I am on a maternity leave and will have my delivery in India. I will then have to apply for dependent visa for my new born so that I can bring him/her to UK. I am currently on Tier 1 (General) Visa (main applicant) and leave here with my husband who is on dependent visa.

Can you please tell me:

1) How much maintenance funds is required when I apply for my new born visa and if it is ok to use funds from bank account in india?

2)For how long the funds should have been maintained in the bank account?

3)What other documents are required if i apply for dependent visa for new born from India (i will be in india at that time) and

4) what is the fee to apply for dependent visa from India?

Thanks in advance

badalv
Newly Registered

Re: Tier 1 General (New born)

Post by badalv » Fri Jul 26, 2013 12:02 pm

[quote="nikitasha8"]Hi

I am pregnant and will be going to India when I am on a maternity leave and will have my delivery in India. I will then have to apply for dependent visa for my new born so that I can bring him/her to UK. I am currently on Tier 1 (General) Visa (main applicant) and leave here with my husband who is on dependent visa.

Can you please tell me:

1) How much maintenance funds is required when I apply for my new born visa and if it is ok to use funds from bank account in india?

2)For how long the funds should have been maintained in the bank account?

3)What other documents are required if i apply for dependent visa for new born from India (i will be in india at that time) and

4) what is the fee to apply for dependent visa from India?

Thanks in advance[/quote]

1) You need £600 for your new born + £900 for yourself
2) Money can be in Indian bank account as long as your name is on the bank statement
3) You will need your new born's passport (obviously) and birth certificate. All other documents that you submitted for your husband's application will need to be submitted - such as salary slips, bank statements confirming salary etc.
4) You can find the fee on the website. I paid close to Rs 75000 a year back.

Hope that helps.

nikitasha8

Post by nikitasha8 » Wed Jul 31, 2013 4:19 pm

Thanks for you reply

But regarding salary, if I am on maternity leave how can i show salary as i won't be paid at that time. Also, does the salary have to £35k which I showed during my extension.

I know that i can be in India for upto 90 days without breaking the continuos period rule, but can I then come back and after 1 month go back to India for another 2 months.