ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

ILR success at Liverpool PEO

Only for queries regarding Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). Please use the EU Settlement Scheme forum for queries about settled status under Appendix EU

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

sailafie
Newly Registered

ILR success at Liverpool PEO

Post by sailafie » Mon Jul 22, 2013 5:50 pm

Hi all,

Just wanted to say that my husband has successfully been granted ILR at the Liverpool PEO earlier today. He applied as the spouse of a person present and settled in the UK.

The process took about one and a half hours and I must say it was a lot speedier than I expected. Our appointment was at 9:30 we were running slightly late so arrived at about 9:10 and were out before 10:40.

I will post all the documentation that we took and what they kept as soon as I get home as we are out celebrating :)

I would like to thank everyone for their help and also for sharing their experiences. It was the most daunting thing for me doing this without a solicitor and I was panicked about it until the very last minute but everyone that had contributed advice and their experiences helped us through this.

Thank you and good luck to all applying.

Peace.

newbie_2013

Re: ILR success at Liverpool PEO

Post by newbie_2013 » Mon Jul 22, 2013 5:54 pm

sailafie wrote:Hi all,

Just wanted to say that my husband has successfully been granted ILR at the Liverpool PEO earlier today. He applied as the spouse of a person present and settled in the UK.

The process took about one and a half hours and I must say it was a lot speedier than I expected. Our appointment was at 9:30 we were running slightly late so arrived at about 9:10 and were out before 10:40.

I will post all the documentation that we took and what they kept as soon as I get home as we are out celebrating :)

I would like to thank everyone for their help and also for sharing their experiences. It was the most daunting thing for me doing this without a solicitor and I was panicked about it until the very last minute but everyone that had contributed advice and their experiences helped us through this.

Thank you and good luck to all applying.

Peace.
congrats and enjoy :)

wkdwaves
Newly Registered

Post by wkdwaves » Tue Jul 23, 2013 7:44 pm

Congrats

Can you please advise the documents you took?

Also did they ask any questions/ interview? Did you go to the counter or did your husband.

Thanks

wangxiaosara
Newly Registered

Post by wangxiaosara » Tue Jul 23, 2013 9:53 pm

I have got my ilr granted at Liverpool peo today. Spouse visa to ilr. I was the same, whole process was around 1 and a half hours. Strongly recommend liverpool peo.

sailafie
Newly Registered

Documents

Post by sailafie » Wed Jul 24, 2013 10:32 am

Sorry for the delay, please find below a list of documents we took.

We prepared two folders, one with originals and one with photocopies and we separated each section with dividers according to the table of contents below.

Applicant:xxxxx (Date of Birth: xxxxx)
Spouse:xxxxx (Date of Birth: xxxxx)
Table of Contents:
1. SET(M) Form with attached envelope containing photographs of applicant (x2) and spouse (x1)
2. Passports of applicant (x2) and spouse (x1), driving licence of applicant, marriage certificate from Pakistan, in English
3. Certificates for ESOL Skills for Life and accompanying letters.
4. Employment contracts for applicant and spouse, letter from employer confirming role (spouse)
5. Payslips from January 2013 to June 2013 and P60 (2012/2013) for applicant and spouse
6. Bank statements for applicant (covering period from 17 January 2013 to 9 July 2013) and spouse (15 February 2013 to 11 July 2013) with salary and bills highlighted
7. Correspondence covering June 2011 to May 2012 for applicant, spouse and joint
8. Correspondence covering June 2012 to July 2013 for applicant, spouse and joint
Appendix
A. Photographs of applicant and spouse, including with relatives
B. Tenancy agreements in spouse’s name covering period from December 2010 to present

The documents they took and kept (from the photocopied folder) were sections 2, 3 and 4 (passports, certificates, employment contracts) as well as sections 6 and 7 (bank statements and corrsepondence). They took the whole section out for these.

The photos were a bit superfluous but when we applied for Entry Clearance my solicitor included these and it made me feel better to include these for ILR too.

I hope this helps someone the way countless members of this forum have helped my husband and I.

Good luck to all applying.

Peace and love :)

sailafie
Newly Registered

Post by sailafie » Wed Jul 24, 2013 10:37 am

I should add, in terms of correspondence, I included everything I could find from all the different months so there were many more than 6 letters each.

I included unsolicited mail and highlighted the name, address and date received.

We had:
Credit card application letters, boots advantage card letters, tesco clubcard letters, letters from professional unions, letters from the tax office, electricity bills, council tax bills, tv licence and anything else that I could find. I didn't throw a single thing away since my husband arrived in the UK and managed to find enough letters. I do think it was a bit extra, but it helped.

Good luck :)