ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

SETM or FLRM? which to use?

Only for queries regarding Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). Please use the EU Settlement Scheme forum for queries about settled status under Appendix EU

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

gnpg

SETM or FLRM? which to use?

Post by gnpg » Tue Jul 23, 2013 10:16 am

Hello

I've entered the UK in July 2007 originally on a student visa studying MA.
I got my leave to remain as a spouse on 30 Aug 2011. My husband is a British citizen.

So now do I use FLR(M) or SET(M) for my ILR visa?

And do I need to have my old visas on my old passport (my student visa and my PSW) as proof of my entry to UK before 8 July 2012?

thank you!

Amber
Mood:
United Kingdom

Post by Amber » Tue Jul 23, 2013 10:22 am

Set(m) you need your current visa and passport as well as the other documentary evidence. You can apply from 28 days before you qualify the 2 year probationary period. You should consider using the Settlement Checking Service (click). Based on what you have stated you should be able to naturalise as British as soon as you are granted ILR.
**this forum is not intended to be a substitute for professional advice**
Click here to send me a PM regarding an offensive post. Do NOT PM me for immigration advice.

gnpg

thank you!

Post by gnpg » Tue Jul 23, 2013 10:38 am

I have already enquired about the settlement checking service in Islington, London as the Croydon PEO says " Private appointments are not available." on the UKBA website. :(

Does this mean I will be paying the "in person" fee or "by post" fee?

Amber
Mood:
United Kingdom

Post by Amber » Tue Jul 23, 2013 11:42 am

If you use the SCS you'll pay the postal fee plus about £90 more, you'll get all your documents back and should have a result in 3-8 weeks though can take up to 6 months.
**this forum is not intended to be a substitute for professional advice**
Click here to send me a PM regarding an offensive post. Do NOT PM me for immigration advice.