ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Work Permit holder Changed Employer - papers from old shop?

Only for queries regarding Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). Please use the EU Settlement Scheme forum for queries about settled status under Appendix EU

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

ay129
Newly Registered

Work Permit holder Changed Employer - papers from old shop?

Post by ay129 » Tue Jul 23, 2013 10:46 pm

Hi, long time reader of the forums, going to take the plunge and apply for settlement in about a months time.

I have worked for two employers over the last 5 years on two separate work permits that ran consecutively. Whilst employed at the old shop I never left the country for more than the 25 days of annual leave plus bank holidays that we got. I did go on a business trip once and a number of private holidays abroad during that time.

From reading various posts, I understand the requirement for a letter to confirm my absences. But am not sure whether I need this given that I didnt spend more than 180 days out of the UK in any of the last 5 years, and also in total over the 5 years.

If I do need the letter, do I need letters from the old and current employer confirming that these absences were part of my annual leave / work? I am concerned that as the old shop doesnt exist anymore this may be hard to obtain. Can I instead prove i was economically active during the time with bank statements or P60's?

Thanks for reading 0 look forward to any advice you may have.