ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

ILR Eligibility of my wife

Only for queries regarding Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). Please use the EU Settlement Scheme forum for queries about settled status under Appendix EU

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

kart
Newly Registered

ILR Eligibility of my wife

Post by kart » Wed Jul 24, 2013 12:06 am

Hello,

I'm looking for some expert advice on my wife's ILR application.

My wife came to the UK in June 2010 with a Tier 2 dependant visa. I received my ILR in June 2011. However, we applied for her ILR dependant visa in Feb 2012 and received the visa in Sept 2012.

I'm wondering if she is eligible to apply for her ILR now (as she has been in the UK for more than 3 years now) or should we wait until Sept 2014 when she completes 2 years with the ILR dependant visa.

Also, I'm not sure if the gap between the time I received my ILR and her ILR dependant application (6 months) would affect her eligibility if we apply now.

Any feedback is much appreciated.

Many Thanks,
Kart

vinny

Post by vinny » Wed Jul 24, 2013 1:48 am

Probably eligible now.
This is not intended to be legal or professional advice in any jurisdiction. Please click on any given links for further information. Refer to the source of any quotes.
We do not inherit the Earth from our ancestors, we borrow it from our children.

Amber
Mood:
United Kingdom

Post by Amber » Wed Jul 24, 2013 3:00 am

Did you settle as a PBS dep or long residence and did you apply for your spouse a PBS dep extension or flr(m)?
**this forum is not intended to be a substitute for professional advice**
Click here to send me a PM regarding an offensive post. Do NOT PM me for immigration advice.

kart
Newly Registered

Post by kart » Wed Jul 24, 2013 9:53 am

D4109125 wrote:Did you settle as a PBS dep or long residence and did you apply for your spouse a PBS dep extension or flr(m)?
I came to the UK in early 2006 with a work permit, swtiched to Tier 2 in early 2010, got my ILR in June 2011.
My wife came to the UK in June 2010 with a Tier 2 dependant visa, applied for her FLR(M) in Feb 2012 and got her visa in Sept 2012.

Thanks

kart
Newly Registered

Post by kart » Thu Jul 25, 2013 10:56 pm

Hi,

Any updates please?

Thanks,
Karthik

Amber
Mood:
United Kingdom

Post by Amber » Thu Jul 25, 2013 11:04 pm

Since June 2012 she has been eligible for settlement, you could have possibly varied the flr(m) application to set(m) or rather set(o) but anyway, set(m) now.
**this forum is not intended to be a substitute for professional advice**
Click here to send me a PM regarding an offensive post. Do NOT PM me for immigration advice.