ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

EEA1 - apply alone EU, quick questions about section 3 and 6

Use this section for any queries concerning the EU Settlement Scheme, for applicants holding pre-settled and settled status.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

isidore91
Newly Registered
France

EEA1 - apply alone EU, quick questions about section 3 and 6

Post by isidore91 » Wed Jul 24, 2013 4:26 am

hi

i'm french citizen, i live and work in UK and i apply for EEA1 alone, only me.
i use my treaty right as a worker

my parents are french citizen, they live in UK, they are retired pentioner so i could say they are using their treaty right as "economically self sufficient" (retired people)

- section 1, i didn't check the box => is that correct ?
- section 3 => DO I NEED TO FILL UP this section please?
it's confusing me as the application concerns only me but the description speak about people using their treaty rights and not applying.

- If i don't need to fillup section 3, => then I don't need to send my parents ID card, is that correct?? (section 12 speak about passport of EEA family members)

section 2, 4 and 5 are empty.

-I will fill up section 6 but what is "6.9 ask the employer of your family member to fill up employer's declaration" ??
-i assume that does not concern me so but do I need to fill up 6.10 and 6.11 ?? (if yes, my employer won't make nay signature but i can get a printed reference letter)

- i was born in France and have a french citizenship, my parent are born in Pakistan, i have a NICOP card because of them (National Identity Card for Overseas Pakistanis), does it mean that I have a dual nationality ?
DO i need to write this in 10.12 section ?

it's my first time applyong for a form, i tried to call the official line for advice but it just says that it's too busy so i post here.
THANK you for your help

regards

Jambo
Respected Guru

Post by Jambo » Wed Jul 24, 2013 6:41 am

May I ask why you are applying for this? Are you aware this is not mandatory and gives you no benefit having it.

isidore91
Newly Registered
France

Post by isidore91 » Wed Jul 24, 2013 9:15 am

hi

thanks for your reply, yes i'm aware but it might be helpful for me later (immigration for example, or any other) and i wish to apply for it.

i have a straight forward case where i apply alone as a EU citizen but i didn't understand how to fill up the form for certain point, can someone help me please?

thanks

Jambo
Respected Guru

Post by Jambo » Wed Jul 24, 2013 9:38 am

If you want to contribute £55 to HO for something that gives you zero value, feel free.

If only you apply, then you need to fill in

* Section 1
* Section 6
* Section 10
* Section 11

For 6.9 it says "your/your EEA nationals family member’s employer"
For 10.12, you probably have dual citizenship but you can just skip question as it is not relevant to EEA applications.

isidore91
Newly Registered
France

Post by isidore91 » Wed Jul 24, 2013 10:19 am

hi

thanks for your reply
a friend told me that a right of residence if often required in pakistan if you marry and do a sponsorship for example (even if it's technically illegal because we already have this right).
i had a friend living since 8 years who needed to do it.

it can just make paperwork easier also rules are always changing so it's good to have i believe.
i can think about it but at least i know now how to fill up the form.

regards

isidore91
Newly Registered
France

Post by isidore91 » Thu Jul 25, 2013 3:57 pm

hi

in section 6, the wages, is it gross or net per month ?

thanks

Jambo
Respected Guru

Post by Jambo » Thu Jul 25, 2013 4:07 pm

isidore91 wrote:hi

in section 6, the wages, is it gross or net per month ?

thanks
Gross.

isidore91
Newly Registered
France

Post by isidore91 » Thu Jul 25, 2013 5:37 pm

thanks
las question i think

can i send my ID card only ?
i wish to keep my passport with me just in case

the id card is only written in french
the passport is written in french and translated in english.

do you think it will be OK if the ID card is only in french ?

thank you very much for your reply !

Jambo
Respected Guru

Post by Jambo » Thu Jul 25, 2013 5:44 pm

As stated on the form, ID is fine (even if just in French).

isidore91
Newly Registered
France

Post by isidore91 » Thu Jul 25, 2013 6:05 pm

do the 2 photos need to be separate (to cut them) or i can leave them attached ? (and the agency will cut them )

isidore91
Newly Registered
France

Post by isidore91 » Thu Jul 25, 2013 6:13 pm

section 1.11 says "passport or travel document number"
i was going to write the ID card number to keep a logic since i will provide it but the ID has 12 digits while i can write up to 10 digits.

should i write here my id card (and design 2 boxes to fill the complete number) or should i put simply the passport number please?

thanks

EUsmileWEallsmile

Post by EUsmileWEallsmile » Thu Jul 25, 2013 9:56 pm

A residence certificate gives an applicant no great benefit and costs £55. (The only advantage I've ever come across is that some foreign embassies insist that one applies in country of residence and this might be one way of satisfying this).

That aside, and if you still wish to go ahead with the application, as a worker all you require is evidence that you work and evidence of your nationally. You are not required to use the form.

isidore91
Newly Registered
France

Post by isidore91 » Fri Jul 26, 2013 12:08 am

hi
the aim is if i marry abroad, with this i can do a sponsorship visa, this eea11 will be a proof, a way to use the treaty rights.

a friend , living in uk for 9 years and also french national, was required to follow this procedure but he could go for the 5 years residence eea and now he's sponsoring his wife. he had to do this even if he was working and even if he was an eu citizen.
i have got 2 years only so i'm doing filing up tis form.

also in pakistan some ambassy can be bothersome, at least i will have one official paper from UK showing my rights (even if i already have it without any paper).
sure 55 pounds is expensive but i hope this will be useful for me and could help me in the futur.

EUsmileWEallsmile

Post by EUsmileWEallsmile » Fri Jul 26, 2013 6:20 pm

I think you may be confused. Are you looking to make an application for a spouse visa under the UK immigration rules? If so, you will find that you require to be settled in the UK. In the case of French citizens, they would generally require five years' legal residence.

What I believe you should be looking into is applying for an EEA family permit post marriage (this is an entry clearance similar to a visa). You do not require to have a residence certificate (EEA1) for this type of application. To be clear, evidence of employment would be enough.