ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Already on a Work Permit - HSMP application in process

Archived UK Tier 1 (General) points system forum. This route no longer exists.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

talk2santosh
Newly Registered

Already on a Work Permit - HSMP application in process

Post by talk2santosh » Tue Aug 03, 2004 9:35 am

I had applied for HSMP in April 2004 from India. In the meantime, my employer processed a work permit and I am working in UK for past three months.

The processing time for the application is 16 weeks so it would take around Aug last week or Sept 1st week for decision.

Please advise me:

1. Wait for decision of HSMP.
2. Tell them I am a valid work permit and working in UK, so that they will decide on my case earlier.
3. Any other thing.

Regards,

Santosh

raoms
Member of Standing

hi

Post by raoms » Tue Aug 03, 2004 9:40 am

16 weeks :!: :!: it has already passed this limit, now a days it is taking 28-20 weeks. The best thing you can do is get a offer letter from your employer and fax it to them your application should be processed much faster.

talk2santosh
Newly Registered

Post by talk2santosh » Tue Aug 03, 2004 10:07 am

So far 16 weeks has not passed. The date they received the application was April 14, 2004.

Now I am in UK working on valid work permit. Should I fax them my work permit details, so that they decide on it faster.

Moderators/Experts on HSMP, please advise.

Regards,

Santosh

hk_007

Post by hk_007 » Tue Aug 03, 2004 10:30 am

Santosh, you already have a job and have started working in the UK, so why are you in a hurry to get the HSM stamp? Unless ofcourse you want to change jobs in the next 1-2 months and dont want to get another work permit!! So just relax and remember you have already started the 4 year countdown and so are in a much better position that those who have be admitted under HSMP and cannot come into the UK immediately and show economic activity.

raoms
Member of Standing

hi

Post by raoms » Tue Aug 03, 2004 10:31 am

can you get a letter from your current employer stating that

Mr. X is working in our company as XXX under valid UK work permit no xx valid from xx till xx. Mr. xx has applied for the HSMP, if his HSMP visa is aproved we would like to continue him in the present job [ you can change the wordings here].

this is as good as offer letter, and will be helpful for boosting your appl. process.

afzalasm

Post by afzalasm » Tue Aug 03, 2004 11:00 am

Hello Santosh,

I think as you changed your status and now in UK as a Work Permit holder, you must inform HO about this and offcourse they do process app. with job offers quickly and now you already have secured a job + work permit in UK, they shud consider your application on urgent basis on switching from WP to HSMP which is also possible.

You can find info. from the following URL on who can switch;

http://www.workingintheuk.gov.uk/workin ... ching.html

Hope this helps.

Also, I need to know in which occupation you are, and how long it took your employer to obtain a Work permit for you. I am lookin fwd to hear you on this. Thanks in advance.
Regards,
Afzal

talk2santosh
Newly Registered

Work Permit

Post by talk2santosh » Tue Aug 03, 2004 11:42 am

Also, I need to know in which occupation you are, and how long it took your employer to obtain a Work permit for you. I am lookin fwd to hear you on this. Thanks in advance.

Kayalami
Diamond Member

Post by Kayalami » Tue Aug 03, 2004 11:56 am

Santosh,

IMHO since you are already in the UK on a WP the HSMP Team will most likley ignore a request to expedite your application unless you get a job offer from a different employer. The 'request' to expedite process is for giving someone the authorisation to work where a 'bona fide' job offer is subject to HSMP approval. However you have nothing to lose so go ahead if you wish. Note that it is best to update the HSMP Team of your current address - to ensure they process it as an 'in country' application do mention you are on a WP.