ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Letter from HO - does not state COA

Use this section for any queries concerning the EU Settlement Scheme, for applicants holding pre-settled and settled status.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

resident001
Newly Registered

Letter from HO - does not state COA

Post by resident001 » Wed Jul 24, 2013 10:58 am

Hi,
We are applying for EEA 2 - unmarried partner. My GF has already an EEA family permit, which is still valid. We applied on 17/07/13 HO received our application on 18/07/13 and application fee was deducted on 19/07/13. Today my GF received a letter from HO dated 19/07/13, with reference number, stating that they received our application and that it will now be passed to a casework unit.

There is no mention of Certificate of Application in the letter, nor does it mention a right to work.

Does anybody know if there will be a separate Certificate of Application sent, or is this letter the Certificate of Application?

Thanks in advance for your replies.

sheraz7
Respected Guru

Post by sheraz7 » Wed Jul 24, 2013 1:58 pm

It must be the newly designed way of UKBA since they start charging fee to EEA route applications. It looks similar to UK PBS based applications where after deducting the fee the UKBA issue acknowledgement/receipt. Most probably it must be a receipt and your COA should be arriving soon.
Please donot send PM. Write in open forum to facilitate others too.
REGARDS

resident001
Newly Registered

Post by resident001 » Wed Jul 24, 2013 2:18 pm

sheraz7 wrote:It must be the newly designed way of UKBA since they start charging fee to EEA route applications. It looks similar to UK PBS based applications where after deducting the fee the UKBA issue acknowledgement/receipt. Most probably it must be a receipt and your COA should be arriving soon.
Thanks for the quick reply sherez7. I was just surprised to receive a letter from them before the COA, as I saw no mention of a separate letter in the EEA 2 timeline thread.

sheraz7
Respected Guru

Post by sheraz7 » Wed Jul 24, 2013 2:28 pm

resident001 wrote:
sheraz7 wrote:It must be the newly designed way of UKBA since they start charging fee to EEA route applications. It looks similar to UK PBS based applications where after deducting the fee the UKBA issue acknowledgement/receipt. Most probably it must be a receipt and your COA should be arriving soon.
Thanks for the quick reply sherez7. I was just surprised to receive a letter from them before the COA, as I saw no mention of a separate letter in the EEA 2 timeline thread.
Just for information can you tell us that what address this acknowledgement letter have on it?
REGARDS

resident001
Newly Registered

Post by resident001 » Wed Jul 24, 2013 2:35 pm

sheraz7 wrote:
resident001 wrote:
Just for information can you tell us that what address this acknowledgement letter have on it?
On the letter:

Home Office
PO Box 306
Liverpool
L2 0QN

On the envelope:

Home Office
(Charging Ops Team)
PO BOX 3468
Sheffield S3 8WA

resident001
Newly Registered

Post by resident001 » Thu Jul 25, 2013 9:04 pm

Just an update. The COA with confirmed right to work arrived today. It is dated 23/07/13.

sheraz7
Respected Guru

Post by sheraz7 » Thu Jul 25, 2013 9:24 pm

Good. thanks for update.
REGARDS

EUsmileWEallsmile

Post by EUsmileWEallsmile » Thu Jul 25, 2013 9:51 pm

resident001 wrote:Just an update. The COA with confirmed right to work arrived today. It is dated 23/07/13.
It is interesting that the payment was taken "immediately" and receipt given, but the COA was not issued so as per the regulations, which do indeed state immediately (not withstanding the fact that it was issued in a particularly reasonable timeframe).

obormot
Member of Standing
France

Post by obormot » Fri Jul 26, 2013 2:48 pm

I got similar letter (applying for EEA 2 for my dependent non-EEA mother) yesterday - on July 26, dated July 22, from the same address.
Application was sent on July 17, special delivery, received on July 19.
It is NOT a receipt, as it states that "if there is any issue with fees you have paid, your application will be deemed to be invalid". But they actually charged my debit card for £55 on July 23, so I expect COA to arrive soon.
My mom is not planning to work though. But I intend to ask for passports (once I get COA - just in case prefer to wait for it), as we will need to travel, and I hope COA will make it easier to return to UK.

EUsmileWEallsmile

Post by EUsmileWEallsmile » Fri Jul 26, 2013 6:44 pm

The point I am trying to make is that the home office argue that you have not made a valid application until payment is received. A valid application must be acknowledged by a COA immediately by law.

sammi1111

Post by sammi1111 » Fri Aug 02, 2013 3:08 pm

eea2 sent with all original docs including 55£ cheque by my representative on 31july through special delivery . when the cheque will be clear and i can expect to have my COA with right to work? kindly anybody know please reply me??????
dfhdkuhgkvhdjkshvguiewhguiewhvgkdkvhwhvgiu

EUsmileWEallsmile

Post by EUsmileWEallsmile » Fri Aug 02, 2013 9:38 pm

If cheque was returned, it might suggest that one's application is not progressing. I would not let this to chance, ask them.

sammi1111

Post by sammi1111 » Fri Aug 02, 2013 9:44 pm

BUT WHY THE CHEQUE WOULD RETURN ..we paid money so it should progress n y HO will return cheque??
dfhdkuhgkvhdjkshvguiewhguiewhvgkdkvhwhvgiu

EUsmileWEallsmile

Post by EUsmileWEallsmile » Fri Aug 02, 2013 9:52 pm

sammi1111 wrote:BUT WHY THE CHEQUE WOULD RETURN ..we paid money so it should progress n y HO will return cheque??
i Have no idea. Contact them.