ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

finance maintenance for UK Visiting visa for parents

Archived UK Tier 1 (General) points system forum. This route no longer exists.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

glass123
Newly Registered

finance maintenance for UK Visiting visa for parents

Post by glass123 » Wed Jul 24, 2013 11:59 am

Hi there
I got some doubts regarding finance maintenance for UK Visiting visa for parents
Please help me out. Advance thanks

I am on Tier 1 General and planning to invite(sponser) my parents (mother and father) both retired government employees
next month(August 2013) for 2 months as my wife is pregnant and then
Planning to invite (sponsor as well) my In-laws in November 2013 for 6 months to look after my wife and the baby

My 1st question is
how much money i have to show in my bank account to sponsor for my parents(3 months financial statement )
is it £800 per person ??
as i have been saving £3K in my savings from past 4 months

my 2nd question is
Is is okay to sponsor my parents and then sponsor my Inlaws ??
Would there be any problem ?

Lucapooka
Respected Guru

Post by Lucapooka » Wed Jul 24, 2013 12:27 pm

There is no fixed maintenance for visits. There simply has to be evidence of sufficient resources to pay for the event, and this can come from the applicant or the sponsor or both. Usually, a historical cash flow of income from employment or other source will be sufficient. What is more important is the ability of your parents to show that they have strong social and economic ties to their homeland. Thus, showing their financial statements rather than yours (or in addition to yours) is vital.

glass123
Newly Registered

Post by glass123 » Thu Jul 25, 2013 9:35 am

Lucapooka wrote:There is no fixed maintenance for visits. There simply has to be evidence of sufficient resources to pay for the event, and this can come from the applicant or the sponsor or both. Usually, a historical cash flow of income from employment or other source will be sufficient. What is more important is the ability of your parents to show that they have strong social and economic ties to their homeland. Thus, showing their financial statements rather than yours (or in addition to yours) is vital.
Thank you for the reply,Got £3K In my savings A/c and my parents are showing property doc's .

m.sheikh

Post by m.sheikh » Mon Jul 29, 2013 2:02 am

Dude, which visa are your parents applying for? is it 'General Visit Visa' or 'Family Visit Visa'?

For general visit you don't need to sponsor any one and for family visit the sponsor (you) have to have ILR or British national.

Just wanted to let you know.

ban.s

Post by ban.s » Mon Jul 29, 2013 9:44 am

m.sheikh wrote: For general visit you don't need to sponsor any one and for family visit the sponsor (you) have to have ILR or British national.

That's not correct. A non settled person can also sponsor a general visitor.

params0073
United Kingdom

Post by params0073 » Mon Jul 29, 2013 10:29 am

ban.s wrote:
m.sheikh wrote: For general visit you don't need to sponsor any one and for family visit the sponsor (you) have to have ILR or British national.

That's not correct. A non settled person can also sponsor a general visitor.
Absolutely right. I sponsored my parents in back in April for general visitor visa and they are still here with me.

Param

Amber
Mood:
United Kingdom

Post by Amber » Fri Oct 11, 2013 10:41 am

glass123 wrote:Hi there
I am a bit worried as I keep listening to these news now a days
"£3k Deposit in order to get 6 months visiting visa to UK from 1st Nov 2013"

My wife is due this dec 25 2013 and we are planning to invite my Inlaws for 6 months .we are planning to apply for their visiting visa on 25th nov 2013 from india.
do we need to make a deposit of £3k for each ??

do you think this scheme will be implemented from 1st nov ??
please suggest me.Thank you in advance
**this forum is not intended to be a substitute for professional advice**
Click here to send me a PM regarding an offensive post. Do NOT PM me for immigration advice.

peppekalle

Post by peppekalle » Fri Oct 11, 2013 12:46 pm

I think the plans for the deposit have been shelved since they disappeared from the govt website.

raholptl

Post by raholptl » Mon Oct 14, 2013 7:46 am

m.sheikh wrote:Dude, which visa are your parents applying for? is it 'General Visit Visa' or 'Family Visit Visa'?

For general visit you don't need to sponsor any one and for family visit the sponsor (you) have to have ILR or British national.

M.sheikh is right. To sponsor you have to have ilr or British passport. They have changed it last year July.

glass123
Newly Registered

Post by glass123 » Tue Oct 22, 2013 4:43 pm

Thank you very much Guys! we have applied for General visitor visa and they got it.there are in uk now.

UmerFraz
Newly Registered

Re: finance maintenance for UK Visiting visa for parents

Post by UmerFraz » Mon Feb 03, 2014 8:54 pm

Hie everyone, wanted to confirm that it is the General visa not Family visa my parents have to apply as i hold tier 1 general visa. the documentation is very confusing.