ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Wife's ILR - Absense & Eligibility

Only for queries regarding Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). Please use the EU Settlement Scheme forum for queries about settled status under Appendix EU

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

aswinsundaram
Newly Registered

Wife's ILR - Absense & Eligibility

Post by aswinsundaram » Wed Jul 24, 2013 2:39 pm

I'm currently on Tier 1 General and looking to apply for ILR next month for both of us. My wife has been staying with me in the UK since marriage Jan 2010 (with about 20 days absence per year for family visits)

However, this year she spent about 94 days in India (May, June & July) to show our new born darling to the family.

is this a concern as I cannot see anywhere on UKBA website about absence for dependant apart from the 2 years cohabitation period?

Any advice is much appreciated. Cheers!

sonub4ualt
Member of Standing

Re: Wife's ILR - Absense & Eligibility

Post by sonub4ualt » Wed Jul 24, 2013 7:30 pm

aswinsundaram wrote:I'm currently on Tier 1 General and looking to apply for ILR next month for both of us. My wife has been staying with me in the UK since marriage Jan 2010 (with about 20 days absence per year for family visits)

However, this year she spent about 94 days in India (May, June & July) to show our new born darling to the family.

is this a concern as I cannot see anywhere on UKBA website about absence for dependant apart from the 2 years cohabitation period?

Any advice is much appreciated. Cheers!
I am in the same situation, My partner was out of country for 92 days last year from April to June ( Claiming cohab since 2011) and I will be applying for indefinite in 1st week of august. I would be carrying supporting docs and medical certificates(Pregnancy) of her just in case if the CW asks for it.

Will keep you posted.

Amber
Mood:
United Kingdom

Post by Amber » Wed Jul 24, 2013 8:52 pm

Absences should be limited and for good reason.
**this forum is not intended to be a substitute for professional advice**
Click here to send me a PM regarding an offensive post. Do NOT PM me for immigration advice.

Ishwarch

Post by Ishwarch » Thu Jul 25, 2013 9:38 am

I don't think there will be any issue.
My wife had 300 + 330 days absence in 5 years and we got ILR.

I got ILR through WP+Tier2 route (initially) and then I applied for my dependents, as I had 165 days single absence.

Everything went really smooth, no questions asked. I only submitted birth certificate for 2nd absence, no proof for the first absence as I was working in offshore.

Best of luck..!