ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

permanent or ltd. company earnings??

Only for queries regarding Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). Please use the EU Settlement Scheme forum for queries about settled status under Appendix EU

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

ginger.garlic

permanent or ltd. company earnings??

Post by ginger.garlic » Wed Jul 24, 2013 3:20 pm

Dear All,

As always first of all I would like to thank every member on this forum due to which I am always confident in applying my UK visa by my own.I know if there will be any confusion I could get help here.

NOw I am preparing for my final ILR visa.

Background:
Currently I am on Tier 1(General) visa extended last DEC-12 and now going to apply for ILR on 5 yr. continous stay basis along with two dependant in 2nd week of August using Premium service. 6 months ago I have started my own ltd company of which I am a sole director.Before that I was working as a permanent employee.

Confusions:

- Salary(June-12 to Feb-13) during my permanent employment based on last 15 month period is sufficient to prove my earning.
I also dont have problem in showing last 12 months immediatley from application date. But should I show earning only during permamnet employment as evidence will be staraight fwd.(payslips + bank staement) or show from last 12 months? Will there be any affect on my application due to that?

- AS I got my last extension in DEC-12 so based on point 11a "If you have a spouse or civil partner listed in section 2 of this application form who is applying at the same time as you, please provide documentary evidence of cohabitation since you were last granted leave (up to a maximum of two years). Evidence provided should cover the whole period and be in the form of official letters or documents, addressed to yourself and your spouse."
Do I need to show cohab. documents only for last 7 months?

- Technically as I understand director of ltd. company is not self employeed but do UKBA consider them as selfemployeed as there are lots of thread mentioning self employeed documents.?

Please help.

ginger.garlic

Post by ginger.garlic » Wed Jul 24, 2013 9:42 pm

Anyone please??

ginger.garlic

Re: permanent or ltd. company earnings??

Post by ginger.garlic » Thu Jul 25, 2013 8:47 am

ginger.garlic wrote:Dear All,

As always first of all I would like to thank every member on this forum due to which I am always confident in applying my UK visa by my own.I know if there will be any confusion I could get help here.

Background:
Currently I am on Tier 1(General) visa extended last DEC-12 and now going to apply for ILR on 5 yr. continous stay basis along with two dependant in 2nd week of August using Premium service. 6 months ago I have started my own ltd company of which I am a sole director.Before that I was working as a permanent employee.

Confusions:

- Salary(June-12 to Feb-13) during my permanent employment based on last 15 month period is sufficient to prove my earning.
I also dont have problem in showing last 12 months immediatley from application date. But should I show earning only during permamnet employment as evidence will be staraight fwd.(payslips + bank staement) or show from last 12 months? Will there be any affect on my application due to that?

- AS I got my last extension in DEC-12 so based on point 11a "If you have a spouse or civil partner listed in section 2 of this application form who is applying at the same time as you, please provide documentary evidence of cohabitation since you were last granted leave (up to a maximum of two years). Evidence provided should cover the whole period and be in the form of official letters or documents, addressed to yourself and your spouse."

- Technically as I understand director of ltd. company is not self employeed but do UKBA consider them as selfemployeed as there are lots of thread mentioning self employeed documents.?

Please help.
Memebers please provide your suggestions. I have an appointment in 2 weeks and need to prepare my application accordingly.

bond.boy203

Post by bond.boy203 » Thu Jul 25, 2013 3:30 pm

If I were you, I would just submit my perm employment earning if that meets the criteria and the amount required. Obviously, perm earning is safe bet compare to ltd co earning which need additional documentation such as tax returns, company annual accounts, dividend voucher, VAT returns etc etc. having said that they might still ask you for HMRC history for the last 5 years.

In terms of co-hab my understanding was that council tax, water bill and any other bills for the last two years ( not sure though) address to both of you should do the job. This bit is just my opinion not 100% sure though..

wmazhar

Post by wmazhar » Thu Jul 25, 2013 8:35 pm

I think you should
keep it simple and show the income form permanent employment, less documents and less hassle.

YES its true
UKBA consider the income from limited company as self employed earnings

thanks

Background:

Confusions:

Please help.

salmanzz

Post by salmanzz » Fri Jul 26, 2013 2:57 pm

i am on the same page and i am going for ilr in two weeks time inshALLAH with my permanent payslips and showing only 6 month of payslips to match my points for tier1 and i am not mentioning anything for contract salary

ginger.garlic

Post by ginger.garlic » Fri Jul 26, 2013 3:05 pm

Thanks to all of you.

Based on your suggestions most likely I will go with permanent salary.

In my permanent job salary I have bonus too.
I am asking this because I am not sure if CW will calculate bonus on pro rata basis or as a whole?

anyone any idea?

salmanzz

Post by salmanzz » Fri Jul 26, 2013 3:08 pm

the bonus will be treated as a gross salary as we pay tax on it. i have got my extension for tier 1 in past including bonus

ginger.garlic

Post by ginger.garlic » Fri Jul 26, 2013 3:22 pm

salmanzz wrote:the bonus will be treated as a gross salary as we pay tax on it. i have got my extension for tier 1 in past including bonus
Thanks salman, that is a great relieve.

ginger.garlic

Post by ginger.garlic » Thu Aug 01, 2013 9:35 am

Hi All,

I have appointment next week. Could you please clarify below points?

Based on above discussion, I am going to show earning from June-2012 to Jan-2013.

In that case what should I put here
"5.3 If so, what is your pay each month after income tax and other deductions?"
Will it be sum of last 12 month income which include permanent(sal) + self employed(sal+dividend) divided by 12?

To be sure could you confirm as WP+Tier1(Genearal) in section 11 only A and L is require?

Section 11A:
"Evidence of your finances. If you have to complete section 5, bank statements, building society savings
book(s), pay slips or other formal documents as evidence of your ability to maintain and accommodate yourself
and any dependants without recourse to public funds."
Is that means I need to show self employed payslips, Invoices, Dividend vouchers, Business bank statement or letter from accountant suffice?

Are following Cohabitation proof sufficient(last extension granted Dec 12)? I only have council bill on joint name.
- Council Bill on joint name (dated Feb 13)
- last 1 year separate Bank Statement of my wife and mine
- Separate NHS card(dated 1.5 yrs ago)
- utility bill on my wife name from last 6 months
- utility bill on my name
- Electrol card of her and mine

Regarding
"11L For the period before you were granted leave as a Tier 1 (General) migrant, documents showing that you met
the relevant requirements of the immigration rules."
What documents need to be submitted here? only WP certificate or anything else?

Thanks a lot in advance.

salmanzz

Post by salmanzz » Thu Aug 01, 2013 9:55 am

Like i said i am in similar situation and claiming from june12 to jan13. You dont have to fill section 11a
because it says

If you are unable to meet the appropriate rate of pay because you are on maternity, paternity or adoption leave
you should answer questions 5.6, 5.7 and 5.8. If this does not apply to you, please go to section 6.

but we are claiming points through tier1 point scoring assessment so this does not apply to us.

as for as question "If so, what is your pay each month
after income tax and other deductions"..... i have put here 641 and i am taking my contract copy bankstatment invoices etc in my extra document in case if they ask i am also showing my good account balance. One of My friend applied last year mentioning 624 and he got the visa without any problem. But someone else in the forum please confirm

i am not sure about 11lL as i was always on tier-1

ginger.garlic

Post by ginger.garlic » Thu Aug 01, 2013 11:08 am

Thanks Salman,

Query
1) But as I understand everyone have to fill section 5 from 5.1 to 5.5 and then in section 11a it says "Evidence of your finances. If you have to complete section 5, bank statements, building society savings
book(s), pay slips or other formal documents as evidence of your ability to maintain and accommodate yourself

So that means we all need to show evidence of finances and since as we are not showing immediate earning so I am not sure if we still need to show all documents from sel employment? if yes then we are coming to same boat :( which I want to get away.

2) How you come up with 641 figure?

For others
3) Could any one confirm if Cohabitation document above are sufficient?
4) What documents required to show for the period before Tier 1 (General) migrant?

ginger.garlic

Post by ginger.garlic » Fri Aug 02, 2013 8:39 am

ginger.garlic wrote:Thanks Salman,

Query
1) But as I understand everyone have to fill section 5 from 5.1 to 5.5 and then in section 11a it says "Evidence of your finances. If you have to complete section 5, bank statements, building society savings

So that means we all need to show evidence of finances and since as we are not showing immediate earning so I am not sure if we still need to show all documents from sel employment? if yes then we are coming to same boat :( which I want to get away.

2) How you come up with 641 figure?

For others
3) Could any one confirm if Cohabitation document above are sufficient?
4) What documents required to show for the period before Tier 1 (General) migrant?
Guys please share your knowledge.

salmanzz

Post by salmanzz » Fri Aug 02, 2013 10:43 am

I GUESS EVERY ONE IS BUSY... 641 is tax free salary if you are director of a company for 2013-2014

i guess i can learn from your experience if no one responds as i am going on 13th

ginger.garlic

Post by ginger.garlic » Fri Aug 02, 2013 4:35 pm

Thanks salman ..

Yeah sure I have appointment next Friday..will let you know the outcome. but before that I need some clarification to complete my application.

anyone please if you have some idea clarify my queries above??

ginger.garlic

Post by ginger.garlic » Mon Aug 05, 2013 1:39 am

Background:

Confusions:

Please help.
Appointment this friday, .Still waiting for reply.
Senior members Gurus plz help

ginger.garlic

Post by ginger.garlic » Mon Aug 12, 2013 11:38 am

salmanzz wrote:I GUESS EVERY ONE IS BUSY... 641 is tax free salary if you are director of a company for 2013-2014

i guess i can learn from your experience if no one responds as i am going on 13th
Find my experince below. If you have any queries let me on that thread.

http://www.immigrationboards.com/viewto ... 723#893723