ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Tier 1 dependent visa refused and under appeal process

Archived UK Tier 1 (General) points system forum. This route no longer exists.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

atul9483
Newly Registered

Tier 1 dependent visa refused and under appeal process

Post by atul9483 » Thu Jul 25, 2013 12:23 am

My wife tier 1 dependent visa refused from india (mumbai) with following grounds - marriage is not subsiting , may not intended to stay with spouse , may extend period of stay .
now we did appeal against last month . but as currently tribunal services delay due to high volume of appeal cases .
further to current scenario my immigration lawyer Feel that may be this process will take more than 10- 12 months so he suggested to apply for general visitor visa for my wife . He suggested to disclose all appeal bundle in same file along with visitor visa requirements . His opinion for doing this -
1) He feels visa may get granted if we can convince ECO about appeal
2) If again rejected still this will be one of the proof for appeal hearing that as genuine couple tried fresh application for quick reply from UKBA and want to be together .

can someone give me opinion on this topic ?
should i apply for visitor visa while waiting for appeal decision pending ?

vinny

Re: Tier 1 dependent visa refused and under appeal process

Post by vinny » Thu Jul 25, 2013 12:39 am

atul9483 wrote:may extend period of stay .
That's an absurd ground for refusing a dependant visa. However, it may apply to a visitor visa.

See also subsisting marriage.
This is not intended to be legal or professional advice in any jurisdiction. Please click on any given links for further information. Refer to the source of any quotes.
We do not inherit the Earth from our ancestors, we borrow it from our children.

atul9483
Newly Registered

Re: Tier 1 dependent visa refused and under appeal process

Post by atul9483 » Thu Jul 25, 2013 10:11 pm

vinny wrote:
atul9483 wrote:may extend period of stay .
That's an absurd ground for refusing a dependant visa. However, it may apply to a visitor visa.

See also subsisting marriage.

But if appeal is under process ,will ukba accept new application as general visitor visa category ?
or
do i need to withdraw appeal case before new application ?

atul9483
Newly Registered

Post by atul9483 » Thu Aug 01, 2013 12:44 am

will they consider general visitor visa ?
or i have to apply family visitor visa ?

please need expert opinion .

vinny

Post by vinny » Thu Aug 01, 2013 5:12 am

No need to withdraw appeal in order to make a new (general visitor) application. However, they may refuse on the same ground.
This is not intended to be legal or professional advice in any jurisdiction. Please click on any given links for further information. Refer to the source of any quotes.

shilpijsda
Newly Registered

Post by shilpijsda » Sat Aug 03, 2013 5:28 am

Has ur wife been to uk before..I mean to study or anything..I have read lot of refusals when people apply for dependant and then visitor if they have already been inuk as the ECO says that u dont need to visit a country which u have already been...So please clarify with ur lawyer ..all the best ;)

atul9483
Newly Registered

Post by atul9483 » Thu Aug 08, 2013 9:27 pm

yes she was student before .
Now we applied visitor on basis to celebrate first marriage anniversary , festival like diwali , navratri , both birthdays and uk main festival christmas during next four months .
As appeal is in process and may take longer time we want to be together for these events .
i hope ECO consider this .
:?

atul9483
Newly Registered

now visitor visa rejected but pending appeal date issued

Post by atul9483 » Wed Oct 02, 2013 5:53 pm

very upseting moment ---- visitor visa rejected because previously applied as dependent visa so ECO feels may extend stay beyond 6 months .

now pending appeal notice recived from tribunal -
instructed ukba to reply till 6 nov 2013 to tribunal with bundle .

i am confused what does this means -
1)is our application will be consider by ECO again and he will reply to tribunal ?
2) just tribunal require documents from ukba and case will reviewed at tribunal judge ?

we waiting since last 8 months dont know how much time to wait more for result :cry:

vinny

Post by vinny » Wed Oct 02, 2013 10:08 pm

1) Yes.
2) Submitting copies of additional evidence is possible.

ravideep29
Newly Registered

Hi

Post by ravideep29 » Thu Nov 21, 2013 2:15 pm

Did you get any update on decision made by ECO on your appeal