ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

How to give up British citizenship ?

A section for posts relating to applications for Naturalisation or Registration as a British Citizen. Naturalisation

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

askmeplz82
Diamond Member

How to give up British citizenship ?

Post by askmeplz82 » Thu Jul 25, 2013 2:01 am

Ok this is on behalf of a Neighbour ; The person is British Citizen since 2006 but now he would like to go back to his home country and sit in general election ( as an MP ). His country doesn't allow DUAL CITIZENSHIP anymore ( from this year ). Can he cancel British Citizenship now ?

So he will need VISA in future to come back because he owns property in here
Last edited by askmeplz82 on Thu Jul 25, 2013 2:05 am, edited 1 time in total.

vinny

Post by vinny » Thu Jul 25, 2013 2:05 am

This is not intended to be legal or professional advice in any jurisdiction. Please click on any given links for further information. Refer to the source of any quotes.
We do not inherit the Earth from our ancestors, we borrow it from our children.

askmeplz82
Diamond Member

Post by askmeplz82 » Thu Jul 25, 2013 2:06 am

Amber
Mood:
United Kingdom

Post by Amber » Thu Jul 25, 2013 4:28 am

What country is the other person from? Is he not protected as having dual citizenship before the new rule?
**this forum is not intended to be a substitute for professional advice**
Click here to send me a PM regarding an offensive post. Do NOT PM me for immigration advice.

hemalay

Post by hemalay » Thu Jul 25, 2013 5:01 am

D4109125 wrote:What country is the other person from? Is he not protected as having dual citizenship before the new rule?
Probably Pakistani national , you can have dual nationality but cannot become Member Parliament in Pakistan. it is old law there but they started implementing recently.

http://www.dailyrecord.co.uk/news/polit ... ar-2067688
Today is the tomorrow you worried about yesterday

askmeplz82
Diamond Member

Post by askmeplz82 » Thu Jul 25, 2013 11:43 pm

hemalay wrote:
D4109125 wrote:What country is the other person from? Is he not protected as having dual citizenship before the new rule?
Probably Pakistani national , you can have dual nationality but cannot become Member Parliament in Pakistan. it is old law there but they started implementing recently.

http://www.dailyrecord.co.uk/news/polit ... ar-2067688
hehehe: :D you are right ...

Amber
Mood:
United Kingdom

Post by Amber » Fri Jul 26, 2013 7:46 am

A recent report commented on the high level of corruption in Pakistan government. I think something like $300 million in US aid went 'missing' last year. Don't think I'd want involved in that, I watched a political debate (husband is Pakistani) and the politician literally ran away when questioned about the new mansion they had built :shock:

Regarding the dual citizenship, I did read somewhere, that the Supreme Court in Pakistan dismissed a case to question the legality of the dual citizenship restrictions. However, no one seems to take much notice of the Court, remembering the arrest warrant for the prime minister :shock:
**this forum is not intended to be a substitute for professional advice**
Click here to send me a PM regarding an offensive post. Do NOT PM me for immigration advice.