ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

LR - GAP - CRITICAL

Only for queries regarding Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). Please use the EU Settlement Scheme forum for queries about settled status under Appendix EU

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

rmkirfan
Member of Standing
Mood:
United Kingdom

LR - GAP - CRITICAL

Post by rmkirfan » Thu Jul 25, 2013 12:55 pm

Dear Gurus,

I had very critical time in 2007....Please...Please....Please support..
Im eligible for LR in Sep 2013.

In 19/12/2007 SEGS will expire,
I applied Tier 2 approval (passport not required) in Mid Nov 2007,As I did not hear anything till 15 dec 2007.I had to send my passport to Tier 2 passport dept before approval ,2 days before SEGS expiry. Unfortunately refusal came in next week, But passport was sent previous week to them.Now as I knew passport will be back with refusal, In mean time (Cant remember days) I applied for student visa in Jan 2008 with out passport referring HO tier 2 acknowledgement letter.

Later passport is returned with refusal Black stamp dated 14/02/2008 referring SEGS page. :?: What does this Stamp refers/means to? :?:
In few weeks time received HO(student visa) letter to submit passport and approved from 01 April 2008 to Dec 2009. :shock:

1)Do you think my student application is in time, as my passport was still with Tier 2 HO but expecting refusal? :roll:
2)What does refusal stamps/means refer to?
3)does this effect LR?
4)Critical Gap between Dec 2007 to 30 Mar 2008?

Please suggest gurus..Your support much appreciate...
Many thanks for reading. Looking forward please... :idea:

Irfan

Amber
Mood:
United Kingdom

Post by Amber » Thu Jul 25, 2013 3:14 pm

see pages 20 and 21 of the long residence guidance (click)
**this forum is not intended to be a substitute for professional advice**
Click here to send me a PM regarding an offensive post. Do NOT PM me for immigration advice.

rmkirfan
Member of Standing
Mood:
United Kingdom

Post by rmkirfan » Thu Jul 25, 2013 4:53 pm

D4109125 wrote:see pages 20 and 21 of the long residence guidance (click)
Many thanks Guru,

Especially you been very helpful on my queries.. Appreciate your support..

With Ref page 20 of LR guide

For applications made before 9 July 2012 there is no requirement for applications for indefinite leave to remain (ILR) to be made ‘in-time’ under the 10 years long residence rules.
For applications made on or after 9 July 2012 an applicant applying for an extension of stay or indefinite leave to remain (ILR) on the basis of long residence must not be in breach of the Immigration Rules.

Which means My student application period was 2008.It sounds like its safe and not to worry about In-time applications made before 9 July 2012......isnt Guru..

Please confirm....Bit Unclear..

cheers..

Amber
Mood:
United Kingdom

Post by Amber » Thu Jul 25, 2013 7:02 pm

rmkirfan wrote:
Many thanks Guru,

For applications made before 9 July 2012 there is no requirement for applications for indefinite leave to remain (ILR) to be made ‘in-time’ under the 10 years long residence rules.
For applications made on or after 9 July 2012 an applicant applying for an extension of stay or indefinite leave to remain (ILR) on the basis of long residence must not be in breach of the Immigration Rules.

Which means My student application period was 2008.It sounds like its safe and not to worry about In-time applications made before 9 July 2012......isnt Guru..

cheers..
See page 17, if you make the out of time application within 28 days it shouldn't break the continuous lawful residence requirement,
**this forum is not intended to be a substitute for professional advice**
Click here to send me a PM regarding an offensive post. Do NOT PM me for immigration advice.

rmkirfan
Member of Standing
Mood:
United Kingdom

Post by rmkirfan » Fri Jul 26, 2013 10:42 am

D4109125 wrote:
rmkirfan wrote:
Many thanks Guru,

cheers..
See page 17, if you make the out of time application within 28 days it shouldn't break the continuous lawful residence requirement,
Many thanks Again Amber...

Much clear now. I did requested SAR to clarify my visa application dates/Records.

Thanks for you & this forum , After visiting this I got lots of confidence ..

Cheers for now..