ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Converting from ICT short term dependent to Tier 2 general

Only for the UK Skilled Worker visas, formerly known as Tier 2 visa route

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

jingaboys
Newly Registered
India

Converting from ICT short term dependent to Tier 2 general

Post by jingaboys » Thu Jul 25, 2013 3:20 pm

My wife is on a Tier 2 ICT short term dependent visa in UK and I am on a dependent visa. Our visa is valid until April 2014. I am searching for a job here and found a company who is willing to sponsor my tier 2 general visa. Below is my plan.
1) I join the company in UK, and start working right away. The company will start the process for a issuing a COS to me. They already have the required license for that.
2) They say they will be able to provide the COS to me within 2-3 months. Once I get that me and my wife will fly to my home country and apply for Tier 2 general visa for me with my wife as a dependent.

Please let me know if this is possible and we can avoid the cooling off period in this way.
My wife's project may get over in December 2013, though our visa is valid until April 2014. Will this have any effect on my eligibility to work until April 2014?

Thanks in advance.

kingkrunal
Newly Registered

Re: Converting from ICT short term dependent to Tier 2 gener

Post by kingkrunal » Thu Jul 25, 2013 3:50 pm

jingaboys wrote:My wife is on a Tier 2 ICT short term dependent visa in UK and I am on a dependent visa. Our visa is valid until April 2014. I am searching for a job here and found a company who is willing to sponsor my tier 2 general visa. Below is my plan.
1) I join the company in UK, and start working right away. The company will start the process for a issuing a COS to me. They already have the required license for that.
2) They say they will be able to provide the COS to me within 2-3 months. Once I get that me and my wife will fly to my home country and apply for Tier 2 general visa for me with my wife as a dependent.

Please let me know if this is possible and we can avoid the cooling off period in this way.
My wife's project may get over in December 2013, though our visa is valid until April 2014. Will this have any effect on my eligibility to work until April 2014?

Thanks in advance.
yes u can do that... even i am in the same boat but in a different scenario..

here u are on dependent and applying for t2 g ... so no cooling off will apply to u while yr wife will be processing t2 dependent so again no cooling for her too..

btw can u please point me to some job sites or consultants who can provide cos... thanks in advance

manci
Respected Guru

Re: Converting from ICT short term dependent to Tier 2 gener

Post by manci » Thu Jul 25, 2013 4:13 pm

jingaboys wrote:My wife is on a Tier 2 ICT short term dependent visa in UK and I am on a dependent visa. .
both of you are dependants? of who?