ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Referees questions

A section for posts relating to applications for Naturalisation or Registration as a British Citizen. Naturalisation

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

clairemcmullin
Newly Registered

Referees questions

Post by clairemcmullin » Thu Jul 25, 2013 4:57 pm

Hi,

I am helping my boyfriend fill out the forms for his British citizenship and we are stuck at the referees section.

I was wondering if anyone knew whether I would be able to sign as a referee for him as I am a teacher and that is on the list of possible professions. The conditions say that the person cannot be related to you, but as my boyfriend does that count as related?

Otherwise if I cannot sign I have a friend who is a civil servant that could be our referee and has know us for many years but she is not currently working. The list says 'Civil servant - permanent'. Does this mean she should be employed at the time of signing?

Help is very much appreciated!!

Claire

Astrid24
- thin ice -

Post by Astrid24 » Thu Jul 25, 2013 5:52 pm

You could just put that you are a 'friend'. Seeing as he's your boyfriend, not husband, legally he is of no relation to you. But if you are worried or unsure about it then it's probably better if he just gets someone else as a referee.