ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

HSMP 1+4 to ILR

Archived UK Tier 1 (General) points system forum. This route no longer exists.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

viren68

HSMP 1+4 to ILR

Post by viren68 » Tue Mar 06, 2007 5:45 am

Hello All,

I am on HSMP 1+ 4 route. I am working in my field not filling shelves. The salary is 20K.

Last year I got extension.

I do not get any points for age as I am 40+

COuld anyone please state how could I afford 75 points. to get ILR?

V

ajani

Post by ajani » Tue Mar 06, 2007 6:22 am

As per the current rules you do not need 75 points for ILR.

pantaiema
Diamond Member

Post by pantaiema » Tue Mar 06, 2007 8:47 am

As mentioned by Ajani. U do not need to reach 75 points for ILR.
As U belong to 1+4 which meand U could lead direct to ILR without any furtehr extension to your LTR.

People belongs to 1+3 willl need to score to at least 75 points for further ILR before qualify for ILR

Pantaiema

ajani wrote:As per the current rules you do not need 75 points for ILR.

Rog
Member of Standing

Post by Rog » Tue Mar 06, 2007 11:11 am

It is hard to say at this moment what surprise the Home Office pulls at the end of 1+4 years just as they have done for 1+3 years, as per the Immigration Minister they can make any changes they want for further leaves. Their interepretation means that by allowing us to complete our existing leaves (whether 1 2 3 or 4 years) there is no retrospective change and they are at liberty to change further leaves and no of years to ILR.

John
United Kingdom

Post by John » Tue Mar 06, 2007 11:19 am

Viren68, don't overlook the fact that in order to get your ILR you will need to pass the Citizenship Test, given that you will clearly be applying after 01.04.07.
John

olisun
Diamond Member

Re: HSMP 1+4 to ILR

Post by olisun » Tue Mar 06, 2007 11:48 am

viren68 wrote:The salary is 20K.
A bit off-topic, but I wonder how do you manage in a 20K salary and I believe you have a family as well... :shock: :shock:

ajani

Post by ajani » Tue Mar 06, 2007 1:31 pm

John,
Passing the Citizenship test should be the least of worries for anybody who is 'highly skilled'.

Mrs Khan

Post by Mrs Khan » Tue Mar 06, 2007 5:25 pm

Yes if you are in 1+4 category you dont have to qualify again for ILR but there is a TWIST also you eligibility for ILR will be based upon the date you enter UK not the date you got your Initial Entry Clearance.
I assume many of us don't arrive to UK the next day we get entry Clearance. It takes on average at least 1- 2 months (after getting EC) to come to UK.
Bottom Line is by the end of this 1+4 time period we will be falling short of at least 2- 3 months to qualify ILR so again we will be applying for a FLR and i understand that we will have to again satisfy the Points based criteria by end of 1+4 not for your ILR but for your FLR even if its 2 or one months.
I would appreciete if someone can clear it for me as this is still vague. It can kick many who cannot claim age points by that time

pantaiema
Diamond Member

Post by pantaiema » Tue Mar 06, 2007 7:41 pm

HI Mrs Khan
This is a good point. I think at the moment noone could answer this question with 100% confidence as it is still vague and noone from this category have applied for extension.

I think the best way to do is the email their customer service.

Pantaiema

Mrs Khan wrote:Yes if you are in 1+4 category you dont have to qualify again for ILR but there is a TWIST also you eligibility for ILR will be based upon the date you enter UK not the date you got your Initial Entry Clearance.
I assume many of us don't arrive to UK the next day we get entry Clearance. It takes on average at least 1- 2 months (after getting EC) to come to UK.
Bottom Line is by the end of this 1+4 time period we will be falling short of at least 2- 3 months to qualify ILR so again we will be applying for a FLR and i understand that we will have to again satisfy the Points based criteria by end of 1+4 not for your ILR but for your FLR even if its 2 or one months.
I would appreciete if someone can clear it for me as this is still vague. It can kick many who cannot claim age points by that time

EdgeHillMole

Re: HSMP 1+4 to ILR

Post by EdgeHillMole » Tue Mar 06, 2007 11:10 pm

olisun wrote:
viren68 wrote:The salary is 20K.
A bit off-topic, but I wonder how do you manage in a 20K salary and I believe you have a family as well... :shock: :shock:
Up here in the North West, 20K is actually a fairly good salary. I have friends here who are British Citizens and seem to be doing alright on far less.
PROUD to be part of the 2008 European Capital of Culture

viren68

Post by viren68 » Wed Mar 07, 2007 5:30 am

John wrote:Viren68, don't overlook the fact that in order to get your ILR you will need to pass the Citizenship Test, given that you will clearly be applying after 01.04.07.
Thanks john

COuld you pass on the relevant links for the citizenship test information and details, please

V

viren68

Post by viren68 » Fri Mar 09, 2007 6:33 am

ajani wrote:As per the current rules you do not need 75 points for ILR.
Hello Ajani,

COuld you please forward the link to ILR from HSMP route.

V

viren68

Post by viren68 » Fri Mar 09, 2007 6:45 am

John wrote:Viren68, don't overlook the fact that in order to get your ILR you will need to pass the Citizenship Test, given that you will clearly be applying after 01.04.07.
Hello John,

I am very confused and worrying a lot. I could be wrong also. Please clear my doubts.

I am on HMSP 1 + 4 route. Doing full time job in my field. but the sal is 20K. other Self employed part time Income from other job is GBP 800 per month. If I add it it comes around 35K. Which is the required income for ILR. Please tell me how can I show it to HMRC. I want to show it to HMRC and pay tax so it become legal.

HOw to tell TAx office that I am self employed and want to pay tax. SO that It will be good for me to get ILR.

Please help

Vir