ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Referee for MN1 Form

A section for posts relating to applications for Naturalisation or Registration as a British Citizen. Naturalisation

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

jai_aus

Referee for MN1 Form

Post by jai_aus » Fri Jul 26, 2013 1:38 pm

Hi ,

I just called home office and they said that my application will be rejected unless I get a referee signature from teacher,doctor,health visitor or minister of religion .

I am applying for my daughter under section 1(3).

According to form i need two signature one from a professional or british citizen over 25 years. This is requirement i can meet.

The other is an professional who knows my daughter since 2 years and should have engaged professional like teacher,doctor,health visitor or minister of religion .

i have asked doctor and health visitor and both have refused...don't know any social worker or minister of religion.

What can i Do?

Please advise.

Regards,
Jai

Jambo
Respected Guru

Post by Jambo » Fri Jul 26, 2013 1:46 pm

Just follow the advice in Citizenship FAQs - Common Questions - Read before posting - children.

Don't worry. Despite what you have been told, the application will not get rejected.

jai_aus

Post by jai_aus » Fri Jul 26, 2013 1:50 pm

Many Thanks Jambo..
Jambo wrote:Just follow the advice in Citizenship FAQs - Common Questions - Read before posting - children.

Don't worry. Despite what you have been told, the application will not get rejected.

raat123
Newly Registered

same issue as jai

Post by raat123 » Sat Oct 26, 2013 3:19 pm

HI

i am in a similar position like your one . would be really good to know what you did at the end and what was the outcome

Raat

JAJ
Australia

Post by JAJ » Sat Oct 26, 2013 5:36 pm

If registration is under section 1(3) it is a statutory entitlement and cannot legally be refused due to not supplying a reference.

You cannot supply what you don't have. If the professionals involved with the care of your child aren't willing to sign a simple form, then your options are to a. apply without it, or b. decide not to apply and leave your child as a foreigner. There aren't any third options.