ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Entry Clearance - Running out of time!! Please advise.

Archived UK Tier 1 (General) points system forum. This route no longer exists.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

giblet
United States of America

Entry Clearance - Running out of time!! Please advise.

Post by giblet » Tue Mar 06, 2007 5:48 am

Hi there,

I'm in a bit of a bind. I applied for the HSMP and was approved. Soon after, my company offered to transfer me to our Ireland office, and got me a work permit there. I've accepted this offer, and plan to go for about a year.

This leaves me wondering what to do about the HSMP. I still want to work in the UK at some point, but it looks like I won't be able to do it for a year or so.

It's been 5 months and 1 week since I was granted the HSMP. This means I must decide whether to apply for the EC very soon.

I was wondering--can I apply for the EC and ask for a deferred entry date? I've heard they will post date it by 3 months if you ask. This would give me 6 months to enter.

If I got a 2 year visa (I'm from the US so it seems likely), conceivably I could apply for EC now, enter the country for a few days and then not actually move for a year. (I understand this may create earnings problems once I try to renew, but I'm not concerned about that at this stage.

Does this plan seem feasible? Is it legal? I'm not sure what to do, and with my move to Ireland looming, I don't have enough time to figure this all out properly.

Thanks so much for any help, I really do appreciate it!

ps. Where's the "official" info on the EC?

indian234

Post by indian234 » Tue Mar 06, 2007 6:04 am

to which part of Ireland are u moving? If u r moving to Northern Part of Ireland, i think HSMP is valid even there.

regards

skilachi

Post by skilachi » Tue Mar 06, 2007 10:31 am

if u have a work permit, then u should be able to switch in-country (FLR) instead of travellin out to get ur EC.

Your best bet will be to get a legal advice cos i've only got maybe less than 3weeks to go.

With HSMP, u can decide to leave ur present employer anytime, whereas with a WP, u can tied down to ur employer and I hope they are not tryin to do that in ur case since u've HSMP and now they are sendin u to Ireland for 1year.

My advice with HSMP & WP is this, if u were already on a WP from a ur present employer and u got HSMP approved at the same time, i'll simply apply for my FLR or EC and cancel my WP simply becos employers in this country cannot be trusted, I was workin for the 3rd largest I.T company in the world and they refused to get me a WP and i had to quit and left the country wen my working hols expired. But now i've got HSMP approval.

But it all depends on ur circumstances though, cos at times its not a wise choice to change from WP to HSMP especially if u've been on ur WP for like 3-4yrs and u've only got 1yr to get ur FLR(settlement stay)

bob30
Newly Registered

Re: Entry Clearance - Running out of time!! Please advise.

Post by bob30 » Tue Mar 06, 2007 10:49 am

giblet wrote:
If I got a 2 year visa (I'm from the US so it seems likely), conceivably I could apply for EC now, enter the country for a few days and then not actually move for a year. (I understand this may create earnings problems once I try to renew, but I'm not concerned about that at this stage.

This plan should work for the moment. There may be issues at the extension stage, though. The most you lose with this plan is you will not accumulate period for settlement purposes in future, but that may not be a priority for you , as I understand from your comments.

and remember, there is no border control between ireland and UK. So that may also help your case for the moment, if you know what i mean.

giblet
United States of America

Post by giblet » Tue Mar 06, 2007 3:30 pm

Bob, thanks for your advice.

To the first two posters--Ireland is not part of the UK.

Any other suggestions?

Thanks!

pravtech

Post by pravtech » Wed Mar 07, 2007 5:14 pm

can any one kindly share the docs needed for EC in detail. :D
hope this would help all ho r applyng for EC :D

sunil.suneel
Member of Standing

Post by sunil.suneel » Thu Mar 08, 2007 8:53 am

Well i would advice you take all the docs you applied for your HSMP along ...

In addition to this also put in
Fresh 6 months Pay slip ...
Fresh 6 months Bank statements ...
VAF1 application form ...
Any other bank statements that would have a good balance (6 Months) ...
Photograph
Property docs if available ...
Passport ...
Orinigal HSMP approval letter ...
Fees of Rs.8441/- (If aplying before April ;-) theres a fee hike after april)

pravtech

Post by pravtech » Thu Mar 08, 2007 4:46 pm

sunil,
Thanks a lot for the info,how many days would it take to get my passport stamped :?:

thanks,

praveen