ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Surinder Singh route for Non-EU Elderly Parents

Use this section for any queries concerning the EU Settlement Scheme, for applicants holding pre-settled and settled status.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

raghu2627
Newly Registered

Surinder Singh route for Non-EU Elderly Parents

Post by raghu2627 » Fri Jul 26, 2013 2:40 pm

Hi All,

I am a British Citizen and so is my wife and kid. I am looking to bring my Non-EU elderly parents to stay with me here in UK. My father is retired and he gets a pension. My mother is house wife. I do send money to them regularly for their maintenance. My other siblings also living abroad. So there is no one to support and take care of them back home. It is looking difficult to bring them directly to UK on UK immigration rules. So thinking of using Surinder Singh route.

I am looking to hear some success/failure stories who used Surinder Singh route to bring their Non-EU parents to UK. Also any experiences of which EU country is best(That applies EU rules correctly with out causing much trouble) to choose to pursue this? I am happy to move to any EU country and work there for few months and bring my Non-EU parents there and then move back to UK after couple of months.

Also I have another question....Do I need to apply for EEP Family permit directly in my parents home country or can i bring them on Schengen Visit Visa to a EU country where I move and once in EU country apply for EEA Family Permit?

Any information on your experiences is highly appreciated.

Regards
Raghu

sheraz7
Respected Guru

Post by sheraz7 » Fri Jul 26, 2013 2:50 pm

Please donot send PM. Write in open forum to facilitate others too.
REGARDS

EUsmileWEallsmile

Post by EUsmileWEallsmile » Fri Jul 26, 2013 6:09 pm

Moved

atuljain75
Newly Registered

Re: Surinder Singh route for Non-EU Elderly Parents

Post by atuljain75 » Sun Sep 20, 2015 12:15 am

Hi Raghu,

Did you find anything more about this ?

Thanks
Atul