ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

REFUSAL AN ENTRY TO IRELAND WITH JOIN EEA SPOUSE VISA

Forum to discuss all things Blarney | Ireland immigration

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

Ali_G

REFUSAL AN ENTRY TO IRELAND WITH JOIN EEA SPOUSE VISA

Post by Ali_G » Fri Jul 26, 2013 5:30 pm

Hi all,

I received my visa to travel with my british wife to Ireland to exercise the EU Treaty Rights by living and working.

I applied for visa to ACCOMPANY EEA SPOUSE but got JOIN EEA SPOUSE !!! The matter now is we will be travelling together on the same day and plane to Ireland and i am afraid to face any hassles or threat by the irish immigration officers at the airport because my visa states JOIN NOT ACC because one couple 2 months ago face the same problem at the airport when they stopped a briticizen citizen and his Non EU spouse and kept them waiting and questioning them 2 hours and even tried to deport his wife due to the wrong visa his wife has "JOIN" he is not already living in Ireland and she must have "ACC" to let them both enter...

It says clearly on INIS website that there are 2 visas :

FAMILY MEMBER: [TO ACC EEA SPOUSE]
or
FAMILY MEMBER: [TO JOIN EEA SPOUSE]

URL: http://www.inis.gov.ie/en/INIS/Pages/Join%20Family

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Spouse/Child - Qualifying Family Members who wish to JOIN EU Citizen in Ireland

If you are the non EEA spouse or the child (under 21 years) of an EU Citizen or the child of the non EEA spouse and wish to JOIN the EU Citizen who is already in Ireland you should fully complete the online application form, and submit your signed summary application form, and photographs
In addition the following documents are required:
Your passport
Copy of the bio page of your spouse’s passport
Marriage Certificate – evidence (apostilled document) that marriage has been registered in applicant’s country of origin/residence
Birth Certificate (long form) for children under 21 years, parental consent where appropriate, national Identity card (signed if required)
Evidence that the EU Citizen spouse is lawfully in Ireland

Spouse/Child/Partner- Qualifying Family Members who wish to ACCOMPANY EU Citizen to Ireland – Reside

If you are the non EEA spouse
or
child (under 21 years),
or
the child of the non EEA spouse,
or
the non-EEA partner of an EU Citizen, in a long-term relationship that has existed for at least 2 years,
or
a civil partner who has contracted a registered partnership, or is a party to a class of legal relationship specified in the Civil Partnership (Recognition of Registered Foreign Relationships) Order 2010 as entitled to be recognized as a civil partnership,
and
you wish to ACCOMPANY the EU Citizen to Ireland the following documents are required:
Fully complete the online application form, and submit your signed summary application form, and photographs.
In addition to the signed summary application form, please also submit a signed letter of application
Passport
In the case of a married couple, Marriage Certificate – evidence (apostilled document) that marriage has been registered in applicant’s country of origin/residence
In the case of civil partners, documentary evidence that will attest to the existence and durability of the relationship
In the case of a registered or recognised civil partnership please submit Registration Certificate of partnership.
In the case of unregistered partners please submit evidence of common ownership of property, joint tenancy of property, on-going correspondence addressed to both partners at the same address, financial dependence/interdependence, joint bank accounts or any other relevant documentation
Birth Certificate (long form) for children under 21 years, parental consent, national Identity card (signed if required).

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Please any advice or guidance wouldbe very appreciated thx all

EUsmileWEallsmile

Post by EUsmileWEallsmile » Fri Jul 26, 2013 6:13 pm

This is a very long post for such a simple question also the title might be a little misleading Rather than cutting and pasting material from other sources, it might be better to simply link to it.

From what I understand, you have a visa, you have not yet used it to enter Ireland. If that is the case, use it and stop worrying. You will not be refused entry.

adlexy

Re: REFUSAL AN ENTRY TO IRELAND WITH JOIN EEA SPOUSE VISA

Post by adlexy » Fri Jul 26, 2013 9:40 pm

Ali_G wrote:Hi all,

I received my visa to travel with my british wife to Ireland to exercise the EU Treaty Rights by living and working.

I applied for visa to ACCOMPANY EEA SPOUSE but got JOIN EEA SPOUSE !!! The matter now is we will be travelling together on the same day and plane to Ireland and i am afraid to face any hassles or threat by the irish immigration officers at the airport because my visa states JOIN NOT ACC because one couple 2 months ago face the same problem at the airport when they stopped a briticizen citizen and his Non EU spouse and kept them waiting and questioning them 2 hours and even tried to deport his wife due to the wrong visa his wife has "JOIN" he is not already living in Ireland and she must have "ACC" to let them both enter...

It says clearly on INIS website that there are 2 visas :

FAMILY MEMBER: [TO ACC EEA SPOUSE]
or
FAMILY MEMBER: [TO JOIN EEA SPOUSE]

URL: http://www.inis.gov.ie/en/INIS/Pages/Join%20Family

Please any advice or guidance wouldbe very appreciated thx all
Well, I have a simple suggestion since you seem so deeply concerned although I do not see a reason why.

You can choose to have your spouse travel a flight ahead of you if you do not want to "ACC" her but prefer to "JOIN." That way she would have arrived ahead of you and technically, you will be "joining" her.

Although, I must state again that your concern is unfounded because the EU directive on free movement clearly dictate that there will be minimal requirements for you.

You may want to familiarise yourself with the directive and have necessary documentations with you just in case you need them.

All the best of luck :)

EUsmileWEallsmile

Post by EUsmileWEallsmile » Fri Jul 26, 2013 10:50 pm

Just to add that the directive does not make any distinction between accompany or join in terms of visa, but does mention it many times in terms of beneficiaries.

If this might confuse the OP. Don't worry, the visa will be fine as it stands. The important point is what the EU national is doing in Ireland.

missmfarag
Newly Registered

Post by missmfarag » Wed May 07, 2014 4:18 pm

Hi ali_g,
Just wondering how this turned out for you, entering with this visa at dublin airport? The same thing has happened to my husband you see! Applied for accompany and got join!

Many thanks :)

chaoclive
Diamond Member
Ireland

Post by chaoclive » Wed May 07, 2014 5:25 pm

Don't worry miss. I don't think it's an issue. If so, why not (as someone suggested above) go ahead of your husband. E.g. you arrive on Monday and he arrives on Tuesday...isn't that 'join'? All they will do is to call you and ask what you're doing in Ireland. It's not going to be an issue.

Make sure your husband has proof of your relationship, e.g. marriage cert and a copy of your passport/ID card.