ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Refusal after long wait.. Need advice from you guys please

Only for UK Tier 1 (Entrepreneur) points system. This route is now closed to new applicants.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

Aathi
Newly Registered

Post by Aathi » Sat Jul 27, 2013 4:26 am

Hi I'm from Canada ,I applied under tier1 entrepreneur 200k.applied on 7th of June and asked me to send additional doc and I sent them on 20th.then I got phone call on 10th of July and interviewed nothing about business plan but the fund and immigration history. But till now no answer. Anybody have any idea how long should I have to wait?
Last edited by Aathi on Fri Nov 01, 2013 6:18 am, edited 2 times in total.

searoze

Re: Cat: tier1

Post by searoze » Sat Jul 27, 2013 3:35 pm

Aathi wrote:Hi I'm from Canada ,I applied under tier1 entrepreneur 200k.applied on 7th of June and asked me to send additional doc and I sent them on 20th.then I got phone call on 10th of July and interviewed nothing about business plan but the fund and immigration history. But till now no answer. Anybody have any idea how long should I have to wait?
There are pending applications for Tier 1 Ent since Aug 2012. I believe you are lucky enough who got response that quickly.
Just wait :)

Babuska

Post by Babuska » Sat Jul 27, 2013 7:05 pm

No one from this forum wait more than 3 months after interview, but it is to those who applied in the UK. For 200K cat and applying from abroad, it can be sooner as lesser applicants (I hope), but if you not hear after Oct 10 then you can ask....UKBA

Aathi
Newly Registered

Post by Aathi » Mon Jul 29, 2013 5:16 am

searoze wrote:
Aathi wrote:Hi I'm from Canada ,I applied under tier1 entrepreneur 200k.applied on 7th of June and asked me to send additional doc and I sent them on 20th.then I got phone call on 10th of July and interviewed nothing about business plan but the fund and immigration history. But till now no answer. Anybody have any idea how long should I have to wait?
There are pending applications for Tier 1 Ent since Aug 2012. I believe you are lucky enough who got response that quickly.

Thanks& u know what, I was in UK for more than 1 year under tier5. So, I came back to Canada to apply for tier1. The thing is I must go back to UK because I have my rented house in UK. I thought it will take 3 weeks, so I didn't end up with my contract. I'm keep paying my rent in UK too.that's the worst thing...

Aathi
Newly Registered

Post by Aathi » Mon Jul 29, 2013 5:18 am

Aathi wrote:
searoze wrote:

Thanks& u know what, I was in UK for more than 1 year under tier5. So, I came back to Canada to apply for tier1. The thing is I must go back to UK because I have my rented house in UK. I thought it will take 3 weeks, so I didn't end up with my contract. I'm keep paying my rent in UK too.that's the worst thing...

Also I got my Tier5 in two weeks last time

Aathi
Newly Registered

Post by Aathi » Mon Jul 29, 2013 5:21 am

Aathi wrote:
searoze wrote:

Also I got my Tier5 in two weeks last time

Babuska

Post by Babuska » Mon Jul 29, 2013 8:52 am

Also I got my Tier5 in two weeks last time[/quote]

Hi
If you want to come UK to work under Tier5 visa and can not wait more, then you may withdraw the current T1E visa application. After one year (as I understand T5 visa is valid for 1 year??? correct me if I'm wrong) you came back and reapply T1E visa. I'm not sure if it will affect to your condition of stay or not.
But you need to wait experts to advice what you can do if you got T1E visa this time (can you come to UK and work for employer with T5 visa or it became invalid?) and in case if T1E visa is refused, can you still come to UK to work under T5 visa?

Aathi
Newly Registered

Post by Aathi » Thu Aug 01, 2013 5:19 am

Hi
If you want to come UK to work under Tier5 visa and can not wait more, then you may withdraw the current T1E visa application. After one year (as I understand T5 visa is valid for 1 year??? correct me if I'm wrong) you came back and reapply T1E visa. I'm not sure if it will affect to your condition of stay or not.
But you need to wait experts to advice what you can do if you got T1E visa this time (can you come to UK and work for employer with T5 visa or it became invalid?) and in case if T1E visa is refused, can you still come to UK to work under T5 visa?[/quote]

Hi
Thanks. No I have only 4 months left in my tier 5. I'm not going to work bcos, I left from my job long ago.

Aathi
Newly Registered

Post by Aathi » Thu Aug 01, 2013 5:24 am

Just wait :)[/quote]

Hi!
Thanks, but my friend got this visa last year in 3 weeks also from Canada. So, I thought it will take only less than a month if we apply from out side UK.

Aathi
Newly Registered

Again....

Post by Aathi » Wed Aug 07, 2013 10:50 pm

Hi
As I mentioned already, I'm waiting for my tier1 visa for 2months. I agreed to buy a shop from someone who has existing business in UK also I knew him for long time. But now he is asking for some advance because he needed. So for that can i draw from my 200k. I finish my interview so, I can't even explain UKBA that I draw the money for investment. So what can do? Do you think it will effect my ongoing application?

Entrepreneur9
Member of Standing

Re: Again....

Post by Entrepreneur9 » Thu Aug 08, 2013 1:37 am

It will not affect your ongoing application.

You can definitely withdraw the required funds from 200k and invest in your business.

99% you will not receive a query from UKBA. However if they ask you where the funds have gone then you can prove them that they have been invested.

Read this:

"Where we have concerns, we may ask you to demonstrate that the funds you have used to apply remain available to you beyond the date of your application. The funds must continue to be available to you until they are spent by your business or businesses"

simple, isnt it.

So go ahead and stop worrying
Aathi wrote:Hi
As I mentioned already, I'm waiting for my tier1 visa for 2months. I agreed to buy a shop from someone who has existing business in UK also I knew him for long time. But now he is asking for some advance because he needed. So for that can i draw from my 200k. I finish my interview so, I can't even explain UKBA that I draw the money for investment. So what can do? Do you think it will effect my ongoing application?

Aathi
Newly Registered

Re: Again....

Post by Aathi » Thu Aug 08, 2013 4:11 am

[quote="Entrepreneur9"]It will not affect your ongoing application.

You can definitely withdraw the required funds from 200k and invest in your business.

99% you will not receive a query from UKBA. However if they ask you where the funds have gone then you can prove them that they have been invested.

Read this:

"Where we have concerns, we may ask you to demonstrate that the funds you have used to apply remain available to you beyond the date of your application. The funds must continue to be available to you until they are spent by your business or businesses"

simple, isnt it.

So go ahead

Thank you very much.

Commercial Law
BANNED

Business Acquisition

Post by Commercial Law » Thu Aug 08, 2013 11:22 am

You may already have gone through the due diligence and contractual process and may already be aware of this but before investing in an existing business, ensure that you have an appropriate sale and purchase agreement (SPA) in place.

This is the case whether you are doing a share acquisition (buying the shares in a limited company) or an asset acquisition.

Aathi
Newly Registered

Post by Aathi » Fri Nov 01, 2013 3:27 am

ECO's comments was 'The documents you have provided don't support your claim of 75 points under paragraph 35-53 of appendix A,however on the basis of the documents you have provided you qualify for 0 points. You have not, therefore scored a minimum of 75 points under AppendixA, and I therefore Refuse your application under paragraph 245DB(b) of the immigration rule.

But money was in my bank account,so I provide them the bank statement only. But in the phone interview I told them that my cousin loaned me the money and I'll pay them back in 3 years time.i don't know what was wrong? Do you guys think I can go for AR?

Also my tier 5 ending in 2 weeks, can I go to UK now and not using this visa and get entry clearance because I have my rented house in UK so, I have to give them 2 months notice and etc.....do you think they will allow me? What they will ask me?

tarbcl
Newly Registered

Post by tarbcl » Fri Nov 01, 2013 11:38 am

I would very much like to hear more from you on this subject. You must know by now your article goes to the nitty-gritty of the subject.

Darvesh
Member of Standing
United Kingdom

Post by Darvesh » Fri Nov 01, 2013 12:42 pm

Also my tier 5 ending in 2 weeks, can I go to UK now and not using this visa and get entry clearance because I have my rented house in UK so, I have to give them 2 months notice and etc.....do you think they will allow me? What they will ask me?
wen u were granted this visa?
how long was ur sponsorship?
were ur sponsor have multiple entry certificate of sponsorship?

depending on the answer of above Qs , ur visa may have been expired already....

u may be able to get on arrival tourist visa as a canadian national anyway.

Post by top » Fri Nov 01, 2013 1:12 pm

Dear Sir,

you might try to enter having valid Tier 5 leave valid for couple of more weeks cannot let you justify even at the airport if you entre for 2 weeks why when arrangements to have this visa extended are not made, as you will not entre for 2 weeks if you try to entre. You have a house of which rent payable might have a car parked up needs MOT or Road tax is not something law can show its flexibility for.

Another aspect involved in your case Border Agency point of view applicant applying under £ 200K shown in personal account as borrowed or being offered to invest in business from a third party in either situations money do not seem staying available for longer as it is big amount the one who lent or offered cannot keep it held at one place for longer is a reason most of 200k cat. Applications go dusted as expectations money to have withdrawn by the source it came.

Every case is different than other above is just a thought and experiences many before you have had.

Wish you best of luck with it

Darvesh
Member of Standing
United Kingdom

Post by Darvesh » Fri Nov 01, 2013 2:33 pm

@top

certain T5 visa expired the moment u leave the country so we cant say wt sort of his T5 leave he had and shud he be allowed back on that leave?