ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

I've changed my FULL name would that be ok when applying BC?

A section for posts relating to applications for Naturalisation or Registration as a British Citizen. Naturalisation

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

spike_UK

I've changed my FULL name would that be ok when applying BC?

Post by spike_UK » Sat Jul 27, 2013 10:45 am

Hi guys,

I have changed my full name via deed poll, I'm applying for BC on February, can I just send my deed poll certificate with new name and my passport(my nationality passport) with old name, would that be an issue? Do I have to change my national passport name as well?

Many thanks guys.
Applied for EEA4 on 24/02/2012.
HO received on 27/02/2012.
Refusal received on 16/08/2012 dated 11/08/2012
At the court, the HO REP withdrawn the decision and asked me to send the DOC for the time before marriage.
PR dated 05/03/2013

neoseal
Member of Standing

Post by neoseal » Sat Jul 27, 2013 11:55 am

why dont you apply for name change on your current nationality passport. All probs solved.

If you dont want to then deed poll certi is fine as of to evidence the change of name.

Call UKBA and seek advise.

spike_UK

Post by spike_UK » Sat Jul 27, 2013 3:22 pm

neoseal wrote:why dont you apply for name change on your current nationality passport. All probs solved.

If you dont want to then deed poll certi is fine as of to evidence the change of name.

Call UKBA and seek advise.
Thanks for reply.

It's a long story about to change on my national passport so answer is, no I can't change it.
So is ok just send deed poll certificate and send passport with old name.

Anyway when we apply for BC do we have to send passport(national which i used for traveling) or just PR papers enough?!
many thanks.
Applied for EEA4 on 24/02/2012.
HO received on 27/02/2012.
Refusal received on 16/08/2012 dated 11/08/2012
At the court, the HO REP withdrawn the decision and asked me to send the DOC for the time before marriage.
PR dated 05/03/2013