ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Please Help! Needed (i'm lost)

Use this section for any queries concerning the EU Settlement Scheme, for applicants holding pre-settled and settled status.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

josh06
Newly Registered

Please Help! Needed (i'm lost)

Post by josh06 » Sun Jul 28, 2013 2:44 pm

Hi to all,

Just want to ask your opinion and any advice will be appreciated. As I got a complicated and tragic thongs happened.

I've been in UK for nearly 6 years now.

Spent 2.5 years as a tier 4 student visa
Spent 3 years as tier 2 skilled migrants.

Before my tier 2 expired we applied for EEA2 RC of an EU national as unmarried partner. It was granted
Ast april 2013 (2 months ago).

Sadly, things happened relationship ended and we broke up. I was hanged and trapped. I tried to speak to my employer to sponsor me for my extension on tier 2, but the solicitor said can't be shift now as my status shift to eea FP?

I was so depressed and don't know what to do. Any ideas? Even my tier 2 expired 2 months ago its not possible to shift my eea FP to tier 2 again /:

Pls help! Ty

wiggsy

Re: Please Help! Needed (i'm lost)

Post by wiggsy » Sun Jul 28, 2013 2:55 pm

josh06 wrote:Hi to all,

Just want to ask your opinion and any advice will be appreciated. As I got a complicated and tragic thongs happened.

I've been in UK for nearly 6 years now.

Spent 2.5 years as a tier 4 student visa
Spent 3 years as tier 2 skilled migrants.

Before my tier 2 expired we applied for EEA2 RC of an EU national as unmarried partner. It was granted
Ast april 2013 (2 months ago).

Sadly, things happened relationship ended and we broke up. I was hanged and trapped. I tried to speak to my employer to sponsor me for my extension on tier 2, but the solicitor said can't be shift now as my status shift to eea FP?

I was so depressed and don't know what to do. Any ideas? Even my tier 2 expired 2 months ago its not possible to shift my eea FP to tier 2 again /:

Pls help! Ty
it might be the case of leaving the country and applying again to return (your right of residence on the EEA rules are only existant whilst you meet the qualifying factor [in your case, a durable relationship].)

just to keep your "lawful residence"...

it may well be worth moving this to the General Immigration board [ although I trust somebody with extensive knowledge will be over to help you shortly... ]

I don't know if this will help at all....

http://www.ergensharif.co.uk/EEARightRe ... dence.aspx

If your application for the RC was granted, then i assume you have been living together for over two years...? in the UK?

josh06
Newly Registered

Post by josh06 » Sun Jul 28, 2013 3:02 pm

Yes, we are together more than 2 years durable relationship. I am just hanged and trapped that I rely on my partner eea PF instead of renewing my tier 2 skilled migrants..

I spoke to solicitor no options to shift my status back again. If I am going home the chance is very slim to get the tier 2 again as it runs out 2 months ago.

So depressing really. /:

wiggsy

Post by wiggsy » Sun Jul 28, 2013 3:42 pm

but your residence is legal (obviously your relationship has not ended yet ;) there is always a possibility it could infact just be a break... [if you understand :) ]

by leaving the UK before the relationship does infact end, you keep your lawful residence... However... I am unsure how Retention of Rights works with durable partners... (you don't need to leave the uk if married, simply confirm your rights etc...)

josh06
Newly Registered

Post by josh06 » Sun Jul 28, 2013 4:42 pm

Hi wiggsy,

I know what u meant. Yea I still got the visa and allowed to work etc..

As an unmarried partners I don't know my rights. If I know this things gonna happen I just extend my tier 2. /: but things happen unexpected.

I don't know any options for me to shift or rights and thinking in my renewal etc.. /:

wiggsy

Post by wiggsy » Sun Jul 28, 2013 4:44 pm

josh06 wrote:Yea I still got the visa and allowed to work etc..
but when your relationship ends, you nolonger have the right to work... regardless of if the residence card is still valid (the RC does not bestow rights, it simply confirms the right) - it is Directive 2004/38/EC that gives the rights...

Its worth googling information on retention of rights for durable partners...

http://ukba.homeoffice.gov.uk/siteconte ... iew=Binary

Sec 7. - no mention of durable partners....

Obie
Ireland

Post by Obie » Sun Jul 28, 2013 5:49 pm

Has the residence card been revoked?

Speaking to your employer about this, increases suspicion and the possibility of your employment being terminated.

The hurdle to overcome is to first find a sponsor, and then having to apply from overseas.

You could continue working until HO seek to revoke your residence card, if there is a procedure for doing so.

Who know what the future might have in store.
Smooth seas do not make skilful sailors

josh06
Newly Registered

Post by josh06 » Sun Jul 28, 2013 8:49 pm

Thanks guys,

Nope its not revoked yet. My partner has no intention to cut it in anyways.

In my case during the renewal is gonna be hard. Alghough no problem at work no one knows about it.

Thinking for any option I can do to change the status, or any rights for me to reside or i can apply?

I've been here nearly 6 years (tier 4/ tier 2)

Eea2 FO given 5 years this april 2013

wiggsy

Post by wiggsy » Mon Jul 29, 2013 1:10 pm

will your employer not sponsor your teir 2?...

perhaps a quiet word about how your relationship is going through rocky stages... and you dont want to be left without your leave to remain if the worst happens :) (dont state anything like it has ended etc)...

this might be a question best served in one of the other forums... as this might be more IR's... but regardless, switching to EEA cannot remove your rights, and your lawful residence for long residence ILR is still in place... (although might be a game to prove)...

what you dont want is to break that lawful residence...

(note: leaving the uk (wthout residence) to comply with lawful residence allows (6 months?[?]) absence without breaking lawful residence etc...)

josh06
Newly Registered

Post by josh06 » Mon Jul 29, 2013 2:23 pm

Hey wiggsy,

I tried to spoke to my employer and willing to extend my tier 2. I've been to the solicitor and been told that they can't switch my status now. Is gonna be hard and if I applied overseas slim chance to come back because the Certificate of sponsorship will be different..

It's quiet depressing as my tier 2 runs out 2 months ago. Didn't expect things happen like this.

I've been told that since I got my eea so I can work and leave it like that. At the end of the day, when it expires I stayed in UK for 10 years can apply for ILR 10 years in my own right without any support from my partner.

In my side I just want to know if there is any option I can do or change my status because 5 years is long time and don't know what gonna happen. :/

Thank you very much!

wiggsy

Post by wiggsy » Mon Jul 29, 2013 8:14 pm

but what if your partner changes her mind, or marries somebody else etc

you have to show 10 years LAWFUL residence...

Obie
Ireland

Post by Obie » Tue Jul 30, 2013 1:52 am

well as things stand, you have to either stay with your current status, and hopefully things will improve, ie, your partner might come back, or something favorable might happen in the future, or your could switch, if you can afford to, to Tier 1 (Entrepreneur), and in two years, you could apply for settlement.
Smooth seas do not make skilful sailors

josh06
Newly Registered

Post by josh06 » Tue Jul 30, 2013 6:21 am

Thanks guys, really appreciated!

Wiggsy, my partner no intention to get married in the future.

We are same gender partner (durable rel). Just things happened sadly I was trapped.

Ty again

Amber
Mood:
United Kingdom

Post by Amber » Mon Nov 25, 2013 10:11 pm

josh06 wrote:Pls I need your opinion in my case!

We are unmarried partners (same gender) lived together. I've been here in UK now for nearly 6 years. I spent 2.5 years for student visa 3 years for tier 2 skilled worker.

Before my tier 2 visa expired We applied for eea2 family permit and it was granted april this year. . Sadly after a month when I got my eea2 permit our relationship ends. I know that since rel ended I have no rights to stay.
We separated in nice way and my ex partner doesn't want to cancel my visa as we our family ever since. The thing is we're not living together anymore. I am in new relationship now for almost a while. We are engaged and planning to get married soon or partnership.

Is it possible to get a partnership or marriage even our rel ended (ex)
Is there any chance I can switch my eea2 to my new partner?
Do I have to exit the country?

My partner will do everything and my ex will support me any docs I need.

Very complicated /: guys pls advise thanks
Artur1 wrote:when you got married?
**this forum is not intended to be a substitute for professional advice**
Click here to send me a PM regarding an offensive post. Do NOT PM me for immigration advice.