ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

No Employment Letter for ILR

Only for queries regarding Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). Please use the EU Settlement Scheme forum for queries about settled status under Appendix EU

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

OnAPrayer
Newly Registered

No Employment Letter for ILR

Post by OnAPrayer » Sun Jul 28, 2013 8:05 pm

I am on Tier 2 ICT and qualify for ILR. My employer is not willing to provide any letter.
I have a company letter which shows my recent promotion without mentioning any salary as there is no increase. I also have last year's salary revision letter that shows my current salary. Are these documents any good?
What should I do about absences? Is it okay to go with a personal letter listing all absences?
Please help.

dk2011

Post by dk2011 » Sun Jul 28, 2013 9:39 pm

The employer letter in the specified format is a must for tier 2 route. Refer below for format.
http://www.immigrationboards.com/viewtopic.php?t=76413

OnAPrayer
Newly Registered

Post by OnAPrayer » Sun Jul 28, 2013 10:22 pm

Thank you for your reply.
I wonder why there is a such a requirement. The poor person whose company refuses to give this, like me, will be in a fix, with no way out.
I wish there was some exception to this, or a way to prove that you will not be a burden to the state, if that is the intention.
Does anybody know of any case in which the ILR application was granted without this letter, under the new rules?

sujyo

Post by sujyo » Sun Jul 28, 2013 10:27 pm

Worst case try your line managers letter. It may work out.

OnAPrayer
Newly Registered

Post by OnAPrayer » Sun Jul 28, 2013 10:41 pm

Thanks for the suggestion. Manager is too scared to help.

vivdubes

Post by vivdubes » Mon Jul 29, 2013 2:06 pm

Provide all the past letters from the company and write a self explanatory note that the company is not issuing you any letters. Please do make sure that you provide all the P60s and Salary slip for those years if you dont have.

Since you are not on Tier 1, it is all the more important to show the CW that you were economically active. I feel you should be fine. Bank statements showing salary in the account coming through is also another way to please Caseworker.

Good luck

dk2011

Post by dk2011 » Mon Jul 29, 2013 3:04 pm

Employer letter must have SOC code on it and also comfirmation that you are required for forseeable future is a must .