ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

when can i apply for ILR

Only for queries regarding Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). Please use the EU Settlement Scheme forum for queries about settled status under Appendix EU

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

clem
Newly Registered

when can i apply for ILR

Post by clem » Sun Jul 28, 2013 10:07 pm

I am presently on Tier1 visa which i obtained through an appeal. My appeal was allowed in July 2009 but my visa on my passport was from November 2009. When can i apply for indefinite leave to remain. Will i count my 5 yrs period from July 2009 or from November 2009.
Can somebody pls help with this. thanks

vinny

ILR Qualifying period (Tier1 General migrant through appeal)

Post by vinny » Thu Aug 29, 2013 8:51 am

clem wrote:I am confused about when to apply for indefinite leave to remain. My appeal for my Tier 1 visa was allowed on 17 July 2009 but my visa was issued on 11 November 2009. Do i calculate my 5 year period to apply for indefinite leave to remain from July when my appeal was allowed or from November when the visa was issued.
Can someone pls clarify this for me as i am confused.
Thanks
This is not intended to be legal or professional advice in any jurisdiction. Please click on any given links for further information. Refer to the source of any quotes.
We do not inherit the Earth from our ancestors, we borrow it from our children.

vinny

Post by vinny » Thu Aug 29, 2013 8:54 am

From November, if it was a visa (entry clearance and you entered the UK within 90 days) or if it was a leave to remain.
This is not intended to be legal or professional advice in any jurisdiction. Please click on any given links for further information. Refer to the source of any quotes.
We do not inherit the Earth from our ancestors, we borrow it from our children.