ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Urgent ILR Self employed contractor

Only for queries regarding Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). Please use the EU Settlement Scheme forum for queries about settled status under Appendix EU

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

Janaan
Newly Registered

Urgent ILR Self employed contractor

Post by Janaan » Sun Jul 28, 2013 10:51 pm

Dear all, I am applying for my ILR in Sep under Tier1G. I work for a foreign company and generate two invoices in Dollars every month. The money gets deposited in to my bank account in Pounds. I submit both invoices on the same date but each invoice is paid on a separate date with a different exchange rate for that particular date. Now the confusion is that I claim in dollars but get paid in Pounds so the figure of my invoice and bank statement do not match. I will be using my invoices (supported by accountant letter) and bank statement as a proof of income. Would really appreciate if gurus can advise or any one in same boat.

I am very confused as what to do, there is nothing in the guidance or rules explaining the situation. Waiting for some good responses.

Regards

newbie_2013

Re: Urgent ILR Self employed contractor

Post by newbie_2013 » Sun Jul 28, 2013 11:10 pm

Janaan wrote:Dear all, I am applying for my ILR in Sep under Tier1G. I work for a foreign company and generate two invoices in Dollars every month. The money gets deposited in to my bank account in Pounds. I submit both invoices on the same date but each invoice is paid on a separate date with a different exchange rate for that particular date. Now the confusion is that I claim in dollars but get paid in Pounds so the figure of my invoice and bank statement do not match. I will be using my invoices (supported by accountant letter) and bank statement as a proof of income. Would really appreciate if gurus can advise or any one in same boat.

I am very confused as what to do, there is nothing in the guidance or rules explaining the situation. Waiting for some good responses.

Regards
You have self assessment documents for these at all? You can use SA as proof of earnings. Since you convert foreign currency into GBP in self assessment, you can match the figures in your SA statement to the bank account??

Janaan
Newly Registered

Post by Janaan » Sun Jul 28, 2013 11:38 pm

newbie_2013: Thanks for your reply yes I do have all the documents including SA. I have claimed the earning between Jan-July 2013. I have only submitted the tax returns for Jan-March 2013 to HMRC so those three months I can use returns+personal bank statements as an evidence. But I will submit rest of my returns (April-July 2013) in the next financial year so I am not sure what can be done. Do you mean my accountant can prepare a SA for April-July2013 and I can use that as an evidence plus my bank statements?

Another thing is I am going to take a letter from the company I work for which will state that I work for them and what I have earned so far (the figure will be in dollars of course). I have read on the forum that case workers ask for contracts/letters from the clients in self employment cases nowadays so I just want to tick that box but Pound and Dollar are confusing me here.

Janaan
Newly Registered

Post by Janaan » Mon Jul 29, 2013 3:10 pm

Any advise from experts and gurus please.