ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Family members of non-EU national who is married to an EEA

Use this section for any queries concerning the EU Settlement Scheme, for applicants holding pre-settled and settled status.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

firas1990

Family members of non-EU national who is married to an EEA

Post by firas1990 » Mon Jul 29, 2013 12:00 am

Hello there,

I am married to an EEA national,i am in UK with my wife since May 2013. And i did applied for an EEA2 and i am waiting for decision to be made. i am originally from Tunisia and all i have there ,my mother,brother who is 17 years old and sister who is 18 years. As you may have an idea of what is going on now in Tunisia,i am so much feeling not safe about them in there,and i wish that somehow they can come here in UK closer to me and more safe for them then in Tunisia.
My question is,What type of Visa they should apply for? Is it possible that they apply for EEA Family Permit as extended family member of EEA national wich is my wife? please i need your advises in regard of this case . I would be so grateful if i get quick and accurate response .

Kind Regards

EUsmileWEallsmile

Post by EUsmileWEallsmile » Mon Jul 29, 2013 8:09 pm

Your mother would be a direct family member and could apply if dependent on you.

The brothers and sisters would require to meet the conditions of extended family members, which are more onerous. You may wish to seek legal advise on that point.

pennylessinindia

Post by pennylessinindia » Tue Jul 30, 2013 10:41 pm

Directive/2004/38/EC wrote:https://www.whatdotheyknow.com/request/ ... I27127.pdf is relevant to you.

What kind of answers are you looking for?
pennyless