ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

ILR for child born in UK

Only for queries regarding Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). Please use the EU Settlement Scheme forum for queries about settled status under Appendix EU

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

a_k
Newly Registered

ILR for child born in UK

Post by a_k » Mon Jul 29, 2013 10:09 am

Hi All,

There are lot of topics on this forum for Child born in UK doesnot need ILR etc. My question is slightly different.

I am on tier1 and I am eligible for ILR next month. My boy was born a couple months ago. I am plannging to got to India once my ILR is done. I know my child will be eligible for british citizenship after my ILR however i do not have time to apply for my child's british citizenship. I can always do it later. So my question is what kind of visa my baby needs? Can i apply for dependant ILR for him ? Has anybody applied for dependent ILR for babies before ?

Any help is appreciated

Thanks & Regards
a_k

vinny

Re: ILR for my UK born kid

Post by vinny » Tue Sep 24, 2013 4:24 pm

a_k wrote:Hello Gurus

I had previously asked the similar question but nobody replied.
I have Tier1 (General) visa and so does my wife (she is on Tier1 General on her own) We have a UK born son and now all of us want to apply for ILR. I have taken two appointments at Birmingham PEO. One for me and my child as dependent and other for my wife. Both of us (I & my wife) we qualify for ILR with all the required docs with us. However I am slightly worried as requirements for child's visa state that both parents must have ILR or should be applying at the same time. But because my wife is applying separately (though on the same day and same PEO) will it create any problem ?

Also, do i need any specific documents to cover this case ? As i understand cohabitation docs are not required bocz she is not dependant on me ?

Any help is really appreciated as my appointment is just few days ahead

Thanks
This is not intended to be legal or professional advice in any jurisdiction. Please click on any given links for further information. Refer to the source of any quotes.
We do not inherit the Earth from our ancestors, we borrow it from our children.

Amber
Mood:
United Kingdom

Post by Amber » Tue Sep 24, 2013 4:56 pm

You can apply together (assuming both parents are applying at the same time), though registration as British should only take 4-8 weeks, can you not wait?
**this forum is not intended to be a substitute for professional advice**
Click here to send me a PM regarding an offensive post. Do NOT PM me for immigration advice.

wpilr_nov12
Diamond Member

Post by wpilr_nov12 » Tue Sep 24, 2013 10:34 pm

D4109125 wrote:You can apply together (assuming both parents are applying at the same time), though registration as British should only take 4-8 weeks, can you not wait?
India visa is further wait after BP for child.
Please do not send me PM if I haven't sent you one yet.
My ILR, MN1 and kids PP stories.

a_k
Newly Registered

Post by a_k » Wed Sep 25, 2013 9:30 am

Thanks All

I do not have that much time as I have to fly to India (tkts already booked)

Do i need to show any cohab docs for my son's visa ?