ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Help!!! Inviting my mother and bro from Pakistan to visit me

Forum to discuss all things Blarney | Ireland immigration

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

knapps
Member of Standing

Help!!! Inviting my mother and bro from Pakistan to visit me

Post by knapps » Mon Jul 29, 2013 1:27 pm

Hello experienced people,

I hold an Irish passport. I would like to invite my mom and younger bro to come to Ireland for 1 month or two.

I want to know if I am able to buy the travel insurance here in Ireland for them as this is a requirement to apply for Irish visa? Also, anyone has done it can help me with the visa documents too.

exam

Post by exam » Mon Jul 29, 2013 5:39 pm

Comments below are based on my personal experience and the experience of my close friends, they are not official requirements.

Make it very clear, whether you hold an Irish passport or a Pakistani Passport, for inviting parents its almost the same (hassle).

a.Insurance is not a requirement but your brother and mom must get it from Pakistan, your travel agent will let you know about the procedure.

b.For other documents be particular about your payslips and bank statements. Where ever they ask for payslips or statements for last 3 months, provide them with last 6 months. (Looks stupid but works).

c.Where ever you asked to provide "P60/P21" or "P60 or P21", always provide P21. Even better if you could provide P21 for last 2-3 years. This happened to my close friend in 2011, his wife's visa application was delayed for 8 weeks. He provided P60's, 8 weeks letter he received letter in Dublin, directing him to submit his P21's in Irish consulate in Pakistan. Resulted in further delay of 8 weeks. (He did not listened to me at the first place.)

What else you are attaching with the application?

Regards

Exam

knapps
Member of Standing

Post by knapps » Tue Jul 30, 2013 1:23 pm

thank you

i will send a letter of invitation, my current bills for home for six months, bank statement for 6 months, letter from my employer, payslips for six months, letter from my wife (EU) that she wants to meet my family and p21 plus p60s.

Post by 110 » Tue Jul 30, 2013 1:44 pm

knapps wrote:thank you

i will send a letter of invitation, my current bills for home for six months, bank statement for 6 months, letter from my employer, payslips for six months, letter from my wife (EU) that she wants to meet my family and p21 plus p60s.
I am also in the same process for applying for my mom, in relation to showing obligation to return to home country, what documents are you attaching from your mom's side ?

exam

Post by exam » Tue Jul 30, 2013 5:36 pm

Comments below are based on my personal experience and the experience of my close friends, they are/might not official requirements. Follow them at your own discretion.

1. You guys are missing one very important thing, i.e. tenancy agreement.

1.1 If you have a tenancy agreement, attach a copy of it. OR
1.2 If the tenancy agreement is expired still attach a copy of it and along with it obtain a letter from your land lord and attach it with application. OR
1.3 If you don't have a tenancy agreement at all, simply attach a letter from landlord.

Letter from Landlord should state the date since you are living at or occupied his dwelling and the amount of rent you are paying. The letter must contain contact no and address of landlord and the address of the property you are occupying.

2. For obligation to return:
During my stay in different EU countries, whenever I invited someone, I simply wrote a cover letter, describing the visa processing authority/officials about the relationship with the guest/invitees/applicant, how I will support them financially (refereeing to bank account/statements), accommodation (refereeing to tenancy agreement or a letter from landlord) and stating very clearly in the cover letter that I will be responsible for their (relatives) return before the expiry of their visas.

None of my relative’s visa is rejected so far, they left the country few days before their visas was about to expire (keeping my words).

Keep everything clear, provide as much CLEAR information and details as possible and don’t lie.

If your relatives are coming to Ireland very first time, never ever try to apply for multiple entry visas.

knapps: Your list of documents is good enough. Cover letter and invitation letter should be the same (I think). Don't think so that their is a need of a letter from you wife. It will simply complicate the process. Also note that visa office will be very busy from August till early October because of higher no of incoming student visa applications from all across the world.

Best of luck

Exam