ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Cohabitation ILR advise

Only for queries regarding Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). Please use the EU Settlement Scheme forum for queries about settled status under Appendix EU

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

Janaan
Newly Registered

Cohabitation ILR advise

Post by Janaan » Mon Jul 29, 2013 3:06 pm

Hi, I am applying for ILR in September, can any one please double check the cohabitation documents that I have. Will that be enough or will I have to do extra work? I only found out six months ago about cohab docs and following are what I could gather.

1)GP letter covering the entire two years period confirming our registration (On joint names plus includes baby's name)
2)Letter from Council confirming that we were on electoral register (Joint names covering last twenty one months)
3)Tenancy agreements covering two years (Joint names)
4)Joint bank statements (Only last 5 months)
5)NHS letter on Mrs name spread over two years
6)Child's birth certificate (we submitted it with our last extension too)
7)Child NHS letters (couple in the last two years)
8)TV license (2-3 letters on Mrs name which cover around six months)
9)Main applicant bank statements (2 accounts), credit card statement covering two years period.
10) I can also request a letter from my landlord or a local councilor confirming that they knew us personally and that we lived at this address together as a family.

Regards

Amber
Mood:
United Kingdom

Post by Amber » Mon Jul 29, 2013 3:10 pm

I gather this is a set(o) application for a PBS applicant and their deps?

If so, cohabitation proof is only required from the last extension up to a max of 2 years.

If two year:

Then for roughly every 4 months over the 2 year period, you should aim for one joint letter or a letter each from a total of at least 3 different sources. Most of that period could be covered with the NHS letters for your spouse, the remaining 8 months could be covered by two other sourced letters.
**this forum is not intended to be a substitute for professional advice**
Click here to send me a PM regarding an offensive post. Do NOT PM me for immigration advice.

Subbarao

Post by Subbarao » Mon Jul 29, 2013 3:12 pm

You can put the home office reference letters ( i guess your wife would have received some letters of previous extensions ? ).

put marriage certificate as well.

So with all the above documents i guess it should be fine.

if you have any old documents as well please take with them but provide only when they ask few more documents.

Janaan
Newly Registered

Post by Janaan » Mon Jul 29, 2013 4:49 pm

Thanks Amber, yes its SET(O). I take it, listed docs should be sufficient then? I do have marriage certificate and UKBA extension/bio metric letters as well.

Also I was granted Tier-1 Gen visa on 7th Oct 2008(Within UK), then I done my second extension in Oct 2011 which expires on 13th Oct, 2013. I was out of UK for approx 180 days in all five years. As my visa expires on 13th Oct and as per rules I can apply 28 days before which means I should be fine for any date after 16th Sep? Or should I wait couple of weeks and apply in Oct?

Regards

Amber
Mood:
United Kingdom

Post by Amber » Mon Jul 29, 2013 5:12 pm

You can apply from 28 days before you qualify for settlement, from 28 days before 07/10/2013 based on what you've stated.

The documents should suffice.
**this forum is not intended to be a substitute for professional advice**
Click here to send me a PM regarding an offensive post. Do NOT PM me for immigration advice.