ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Need Urgent Help !!! - ILR application for Wife & Child

Only for queries regarding Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). Please use the EU Settlement Scheme forum for queries about settled status under Appendix EU

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

SP-LND
Newly Registered

Need Urgent Help !!! - ILR application for Wife & Child

Post by SP-LND » Mon Jul 29, 2013 8:06 pm

Dear Guru(s),

I am a silent reader of the Immigration Board. My Tier-1 Visa Expires on 22/08/2013. I have prepared my application by following others success.

I need urgent help in regards to my ILR application at Croydon PEO on 01/08/13. Original booked as application + 1 dependent (wife).

My child was very sick here in the UK. Not much help from NHS. We decided to get him some urgent medical treatment in India. my son and wife travelled last week on 24/07/13 urgent decision.

I contacted PEO booking team and team member advised "no need to cancel appointment" after checking with his manager. I can attend it and 200GBP will reduced in my application total fees. someone has any experience like this ???

Now, my dependants (wife and sons's) visa will expires while they are the India on 22/08/13. I don't think they will be able to back in the UK before then.

Q 1. Can my wife apply for ILR application from India ? if not then what kind of other applications for her.

Q 2. Can my child able to apply for MN1 application from INDIA, once I get my ILR status ? ......as I read both parents need to be on ILR status for section 1(3).

My future plan is to settle in the India so not much worried my wife application at the moment if my child can get registered as British citizen (under MN1), once I get my ILR status.

I would be grateful for your kind response on this. I am not able to find much information on my this issue.

Thank you.
SP

gbhsmp
United Kingdom

Re: Need Urgent Help !!! - ILR application for Wife & Ch

Post by gbhsmp » Mon Jul 29, 2013 8:12 pm

If you are cancelling more than 1 week before then they will refund the amount.

vinny

Post by vinny » Tue Jul 30, 2013 1:21 am

If you have ILR, then

1. your wife may apply for a spouse visa (include evidence of subsisting marriage); and

2. your child, previously born in the UK, will be entitled to register for British citizenship.
This is not intended to be legal or professional advice in any jurisdiction. Please click on any given links for further information. Refer to the source of any quotes.
We do not inherit the Earth from our ancestors, we borrow it from our children.

SP-LND
Newly Registered

Post by SP-LND » Tue Jul 30, 2013 10:26 pm

Thank you for a quick reply vinny & gbhsmp.

I will going to apply my ILR on 01/08/13.

but I am still confuse regarding my dependants applications.

Que 1. Is there any ILR application process for my wife from INDIA. Her Tier-1 general depnt visa still valid till 22/08/13.
would she not able apply for ILR from India before 22/08/13 ?
my wife have all cohibitation docs required for ILR dependant as we are suppose to go togather for ILR application on 01/08/13

Que 2. Once, I receive ILR approval on 01/08/13... please let me know .. how can I apply for my son's british citizenship registration from the INDIA. My son was born in the UK on november 2010.

(a) same MN1 form need to be filled in ?
(b) what reason for application shall I mention ? my wife's visa status and why they currently both in India ?
I will be the only parent who is on ILR if my wife not able to get ILR from India before her T-1 dependant visa expires.

many thanks

vinny

Post by vinny » Wed Jul 31, 2013 2:10 am

1. No. Therefore, it may be better if she is able to return to the UK prior to 22/08/13.

2. Yes. MN1 form.
This is not intended to be legal or professional advice in any jurisdiction. Please click on any given links for further information. Refer to the source of any quotes.
We do not inherit the Earth from our ancestors, we borrow it from our children.

SP-LND
Newly Registered

Post by SP-LND » Mon Aug 05, 2013 8:31 pm

Hi Vinny,

My ILR was approved on 1st August.

http://www.immigrationboards.com/viewto ... ht=#890350

I would be grateful if you can help me with my situation as below.

My Wife T-1 gen dependant will expire on 22/08/13 and may not be considering applying or extending her visa under any other dependant category at the moment. Due to child's health no being well here (in the UK) at the moment. both will stay in the India for a very long period of time.

I would like to get my Child British passport now.
How to proceed with Child's UK citizenship while He is in the India at the moment ?

He was born in the UK.

Que 1. Which Form to be filled from India ?
Que 2. Can I apply on his behalf (MN1 form) from UK and ask my wife to post his original passport back to me via secured delivery.
Que 3. List of supporting docs required ?
Que 4. MN1 form two Reference - from UK's GP & local citizen will be fine ?
Que 4. Any covering letter / clarification require why my wife and son is in the India ?
Que 5. any doctor letter from India / UK required ?

I will be really grateful if you can help me OR post this issue to other senior GURU(s) to review. Many thanks

Amber
Mood:
United Kingdom

Post by Amber » Tue Aug 06, 2013 11:12 pm

As the child was born in the UK and is entitled to be registered under section 1(3) this can be done in the UK and you can use the NCS. You'd need to show the child's birth certificate and proof one of the parents had ILR.
**this forum is not intended to be a substitute for professional advice**
Click here to send me a PM regarding an offensive post. Do NOT PM me for immigration advice.

rivercam

Post by rivercam » Tue Aug 06, 2013 11:32 pm

Que 2. Can I apply on his behalf (MN1 form) from UK and ask my wife to post his original passport back to me via secured delivery.
yes,you can apply on his behalf but I doubt, whether India allows passports to be sent through post. Few weeks ago, I Applied for my son who was born in uk but currently residing in India through NCS. my wife sent the application with notarised passport copy of the child with cover letter explaining the situation and she is happy for registration.your wife need to sign on secttion 6 consent.
Que 3. List of supporting docs required ?
completed MN1 FORM
Child's orginal full birth certificate
child's passport or photocopy
parent's ILR Proof

Que 4. MN1 form two Reference - from UK's GP & local citizen will be fine ?
Referees are fine
Que 4. Any covering letter / clarification require why my wife and son is in the India ?
actually not needed,but you include if you wish to
Que 5. any doctor letter from India / UK required ?
actually not needed,but you include if you wish to

SP-LND
Newly Registered

Post by SP-LND » Wed Aug 07, 2013 3:47 pm

Thank you [D4109125 & rivercam] for your quick response.

I have asked my wife to get the docs prepared in India and post me.

I am still confused regarding to submit or not " Child's Original Passport" . However, the oversea [outside UK] application still need to be sent to Liverpool same address and as per guidance Child's original passport required to be submitted.

Did you have your son's registration certificate received yet ?

Please also guide me regarding what to write on notary for my wife. Just a simple consent for this application or is there any standard format ?
Many Thanks. SP

rivercam

Post by rivercam » Wed Aug 07, 2013 5:02 pm

Hi
what I mean is notary of child's passport bio data page, incase if you dont able to submit the passport. when my wife tried to send the original passport none of the courier companies acceptedvto deliver.
I don't think there is any specific format for your wife to write. my wife wrote a simple letter saying why my child is in india and she had no objection for registration.
when I applied through NCS, the lady confirmed with UKBA about the whole situation and they said it's acceptable.
No, I Applied on 29th july and expecting few more weeks to hear anything.
I got a call from liverpool after they recieved the application, asking where to send the certificate to india or to my home address in uk, i asked to send to my home address.
you need to write a cpver letter where to send the certigicate.
IMHO, sec1(3) is entitlement and they are not very strict about all this.The only thing they look is child's birth certificate and your ILR.

SP-LND
Newly Registered

Post by SP-LND » Wed Aug 07, 2013 9:10 pm

Rivercam Thank you very much mate. It is really a great relief with your response :D

I will follow your advice because I am still waiting for response from Nationality Liverpool team on same query. But I don't think I need now. I am very clear with your response.

would you please let me know which NCS office you applied from ??
If it is near to me I will contact them because my local NCS refuse to help me, due to child is not present in the country. :(

rivercam

Post by rivercam » Wed Aug 07, 2013 9:35 pm

Hi

I Live in Harlow Essex and they have NCS Office in Harlow.

College Square
The High
Harlow, CM20 1AG
Harlow
0845 603 7632

ukba2536

Post by ukba2536 » Thu Aug 08, 2013 7:57 am

rivercam wrote:Hi

I Live in Harlow Essex and they have NCS Office in Harlow.

College Square
The High
Harlow, CM20 1AG
Harlow
0845 603 7632

I was in same situation until last week, me and my wife have ILR and my UK born baby, is now in India, for care purpose,

Ask your family to send notarized passport documents and also normal copies to you.

I applied for my baby's citizenship through NCS services in Hatfield, Hertfordshire. they made an enquiry with Home Office before accepting the application form, i mentioned them that my baby is India for care purpose and will join me back in UK soon after receiving British passport

fees was deducted within three days of application and waiting for the my baby citizenship certificate now. hopefully i will get that in 4-5 weeks time

Hatfield NCS was very helpful even though intially they refused to book an appointment for me saying my child is not in UK, but after confirming with UKBA they were really helpful

http://www.hertsdirect.org/your-communi ... tchecserv/

documents they look for (All originals)

* MN(1) Application form
1. child birth certificate
2, your ILR and Passport
3. marriage Certificate
4. present address proof
5. child passport notarized copies
6. child discharge letter from hospital, red book.
7. Any letters showing your child present address in UK ( not mandatory, just to support application)

** covering letter's

Good Luck

SP-LND
Newly Registered

Post by SP-LND » Thu Aug 08, 2013 8:42 pm

Hi UKBA2536 & Rivercam,

My wife has nearly complete with application form section 6.2 consent + cover letter + passport photos + notary of child passport + her passport + thier T1 depnd BRP cards visa expires on 28th Aug 13
she will try and post them soon.

I am now much clear and confident with child MN1 process. many thanks

with my situation, once I receive my son's registration certificate.

would it be possible to apply for my son's first British passport from here while he is currently in India ?

Please advice me with best of your knowledge. Kind Regards

ukba2536

Post by ukba2536 » Thu Aug 08, 2013 9:18 pm

SP-LND wrote:Hi UKBA2536 & Rivercam,

My wife has nearly complete with application form section 6.2 consent + cover letter + passport photos + notary of child passport + her passport + thier T1 depnd BRP cards visa expires on 28th Aug 13
she will try and post them soon.

I am now much clear and confident with child MN1 process. many thanks

with my situation, once I receive my son's registration certificate.

would it be possible to apply for my son's first British passport from here while he is currently in India ?

Please advice me with best of your knowledge. Kind Regards
You should surrender Indian passport in regional passport office and get a surrender certificate and apply British passport from India. It's not possible to apply British passport in uk while your son is in India. You should send citizen ship certificate back to India for British passport application.

ukba2536

Re: Need Urgent Help !!! - ILR application for Wife & Ch

Post by ukba2536 » Fri Aug 09, 2013 8:21 am

SP-LND wrote:Dear Guru(s),

I am a silent reader of the Immigration Board. My Tier-1 Visa Expires on 22/08/2013. I have prepared my application by following others success.

I need urgent help in regards to my ILR application at Croydon PEO on 01/08/13. Original booked as application + 1 dependent (wife).

My child was very sick here in the UK. Not much help from NHS. We decided to get him some urgent medical treatment in India. my son and wife travelled last week on 24/07/13 urgent decision.

I contacted PEO booking team and team member advised "no need to cancel appointment" after checking with his manager. I can attend it and 200GBP will reduced in my application total fees. someone has any experience like this ???

Now, my dependants (wife and sons's) visa will expires while they are the India on 22/08/13. I don't think they will be able to back in the UK before then.

Q 1. Can my wife apply for ILR application from India ? if not then what kind of other applications for her.

Q 2. Can my child able to apply for MN1 application from INDIA, once I get my ILR status ? ......as I read both parents need to be on ILR status for section 1(3).

My future plan is to settle in the India so not much worried my wife application at the moment if my child can get registered as British citizen (under MN1), once I get my ILR status.

I would be grateful for your kind response on this. I am not able to find much information on my this issue.

Thank you.
SP

http://www.immigrationboards.com/viewto ... highlight=

I took help from the above link.

rivercam

Post by rivercam » Wed Sep 04, 2013 7:00 pm

specy

FYI

Today I received my son's registration certificate hope this helps with your application process.

SP-LND
Newly Registered

Post by SP-LND » Wed Sep 11, 2013 11:09 pm

Thank you Rivercam. Congrates mate

I have just read your MN1 application process timeline.

Did HO made a mistake on registration certificate ???

I made application on 14th Aug and payment of application was processed on 28th Sept. waiting for further update.

maddyinlon

Post by maddyinlon » Fri Oct 04, 2013 12:05 am

SP-LND wrote:Thank you Rivercam. Congrates mate

I have just read your MN1 application process timeline.

Did HO made a mistake on registration certificate ???

I made application on 14th Aug and payment of application was processed on 28th Sept. waiting for further update.
Hi SP-LND

Have you received your child's registration certificate? I want to apply as well which is similar case as of you and rivercam... just would like to know how long it took.

Also, from whom you got references? Are they from back home or here in UK?

maddyinlon

applying directly takes longer than applying through NCS?

Post by maddyinlon » Tue Oct 08, 2013 11:42 am

Hi SP-LND,

I am in same situation of yours and I will apply MN1 for my baby (my baby is in India along with his mother - Mother's visa expired and she applied for dependent of a settled person in India recently, waiting for her visa) some time next week.

I was wondering if you have received your child's registration or not ? I believe in your case it is taking a bit of time - I am not sure it is beacuse you have applied it directly.

Information on this would be of great help.
Thank You for your time.

maddyinlon

child's present address

Post by maddyinlon » Wed Oct 09, 2013 11:02 pm

Hi Rivercam or SP-LD,

I may be asking dumb question regarding filling MN1 form.

Section 1 of MN1 application - Child's present address: Do we need to mention father's UK address or India address where child is residing?

maddyinlon

Re: applying directly takes longer than applying through NCS

Post by maddyinlon » Wed Oct 09, 2013 11:04 pm

maddyinlon wrote:Hi SP-LND,

I am in same situation of yours and I will apply MN1 for my baby (my baby is in India along with his mother - Mother's visa expired and she applied for dependent of a settled person in India recently, waiting for her visa) some time next week.

I was wondering if you have received your child's registration or not ? I believe in your case it is taking a bit of time - I am not sure it is beacuse you have applied it directly.

Information on this would be of great help.
Thank You for your time.
Congrats SP-LD for getting registration certificate for your child.

SP-LND
Newly Registered

Post by SP-LND » Mon Oct 14, 2013 10:07 am

Hi maddyinlon,

It will be your current (present) address. Generally, it is considered that child is overseas due to long holidays or care purpose only.

Once, application approved you will receive registration certificate via normal post to this address (section 1.16).

all the best with application... Just apply yourself do not require to visit to NCS unless you need your originals (passport, BRP card) etc.

maddyinlon

Post by maddyinlon » Mon Oct 14, 2013 11:28 am

SP-LND wrote:Hi maddyinlon,

It will be your current (present) address. Generally, it is considered that child is overseas due to long holidays or care purpose only.

Once, application approved you will receive registration certificate via normal post to this address (section 1.16).

all the best with application... Just apply yourself do not require to visit to NCS unless you need your originals (passport, BRP card) etc.
Thank you for your response. I have posted application this morning and mentioned India address as child's present address as suggested by rivercam.

However, I have requested to send registration certificate to my present UK address in covering letter. I have also sent prepaid return envelope addressing to my present UK address. Hopefully, they wont get it wrong.

buchade_p
Newly Registered

Post by buchade_p » Fri Oct 18, 2013 5:07 pm

hi maddyinlon & SP-LND,
I am planning to apply for my Kids MN1 from UK, child is in INDIA. Earlier to one of my post maddyinlon mentioned that I dont need to submit kids passport; Can you please confirm you havn't submitted kids passport and you received the BC certificate?
do I need to complete Section 2 of MN1 form?

Cheers,
Pankaj