ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

SET LR (10 Long Residence) do I need to send English test

Only for queries regarding Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). Please use the EU Settlement Scheme forum for queries about settled status under Appendix EU

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

raholptl

SET LR (10 Long Residence) do I need to send English test

Post by raholptl » Tue Jul 30, 2013 7:49 am

I want know when appliying on SET LR (10 Long Residence) do I need to send proof for english? becuase I was reading the form in Section 3 it says about english and LIUK test. Or english requirements apply after October 2013? Here is what it ask

Section 3 - Knowledge of Language and Life in the UK
To qualify for indefinite leave to remain, applicants aged 18-64 must show that they have a
sufficient knowledge of language and life in the UK. The separate guidance notes provide
detailed information about this requirement.

Thanks in advance

Amber
Mood:
United Kingdom

Post by Amber » Tue Jul 30, 2013 10:21 am

The Life in the UK test will suffice prior to October 28th 2013.

After this time, if you have a degree taught in English that is comparable to a UK degree then you should be meet the requirements in addition to the LIUK or equivalent.
**this forum is not intended to be a substitute for professional advice**
Click here to send me a PM regarding an offensive post. Do NOT PM me for immigration advice.