ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

ILR application sent, Traffic offence IN10 URGENT HELP PLS

Only for queries regarding Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). Please use the EU Settlement Scheme forum for queries about settled status under Appendix EU

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

huqqapani
Member of Standing
Mood:
United Kingdom

ILR application sent, Traffic offence IN10 URGENT HELP PLS

Post by huqqapani » Tue Jul 30, 2013 11:14 pm

GURUS

Please advise/help urgently, i posted my ILR long residence application Saturday, received at HO yesterday. I completely overlooked the fact about spending 5 years after date of conviction. in my case 21.10.08 for IN10, fined 200 and 6 points.
What are the chances of refusal. If the refusal is likely that I am thinking to cancel my card (which i have used to make payment) as payment is still not taken.

Please help me as i dont want to lose £1050 i'd much rather wait.

kais

Post by kais » Wed Jul 31, 2013 2:28 pm

Dear Huqqapani

1 New Criminality Criteria

What I understood from going through the previous relevant or most relevant posts ALSO from UKBA website Criminality criteria has changed from SPENT/UNSPENT to LAST 2 YEARS From the date of Application. Means It was

before change

You must have SPENT the period of Conviction i.e which i think is period of 5 years according to Rehab Act.

After Change

You shouldn't have any criminal conviction in the last 2 years (from the date of application).

So I think you are well away from danger period and so you should be okay as your date of conviction (Oct 2008) is Far later than 2 years ago.

Ref to above AFTER change , even there are other success stories whose conviction was in the period of LESS than 2 years ago but HO allowed them ILR . New Time limit wise you are absolutely fine.

2 Mentioning OR not Not mentioning on Application form That you have conviction or not

There may be another issue involved which is mentioning or not mentioning on your application form that you have criminal conviction and what effects it will make if you have conviction but you don't mention. I have not much idea about this bit so leaving this bit for Others and seniors to comment on.

selva

Re: ILR application sent, Traffic offence IN10 URGENT HELP P

Post by selva » Thu Aug 01, 2013 12:29 pm

huqqapani wrote:GURUS

Please advise/help urgently, i posted my ILR long residence application Saturday, received at HO yesterday. I completely overlooked the fact about spending 5 years after date of conviction. in my case 21.10.08 for IN10, fined 200 and 6 points.
What are the chances of refusal. If the refusal is likely that I am thinking to cancel my card (which i have used to make payment) as payment is still not taken.

does court involve ? or it is just fixed penalty ?

huqqapani
Member of Standing
Mood:
United Kingdom

Re: ILR application sent, Traffic offence IN10 URGENT HELP P

Post by huqqapani » Thu Aug 01, 2013 12:33 pm

selva wrote:
huqqapani wrote:GURUS

does court involve ? or it is just fixed penalty ?
I was fined in the court and issued 6 penalty points. I was hoping to fight my case but unsuccessful.

Amber
Mood:
United Kingdom

Post by Amber » Thu Aug 01, 2013 3:57 pm

The general grounds for refusal is 2 years, you should have ticked yes to a criminal conviction. Write to them and declare it otherwise it could be classed as deception.
**this forum is not intended to be a substitute for professional advice**
Click here to send me a PM regarding an offensive post. Do NOT PM me for immigration advice.

huqqapani
Member of Standing
Mood:
United Kingdom

Post by huqqapani » Thu Aug 01, 2013 6:06 pm

D4109125 wrote:The general grounds for refusal is 2 years, you should have ticked yes to a criminal conviction. Write to them and declare it otherwise it could be classed as deception.
I have declared it in the application. The concern is that I haven't completed 5 years from time of conviction. There is conflicting information whether its 2 or 5 years from the time of conviction that it becomes spent.

I hope the cw takes into account the time he processes my application which is more than likely after October as 5 years will be up. If cw decides to take into account the date of application it may be refused.

Amber
Mood:
United Kingdom

Post by Amber » Thu Aug 01, 2013 6:20 pm

huqqapani wrote:
D4109125 wrote:The general grounds for refusal is 2 years, you should have ticked yes to a criminal conviction. Write to them and declare it otherwise it could be classed as deception.
I have declared it in the application. The concern is that I haven't completed 5 years from time of conviction. There is conflicting information whether its 2 or 5 years from the time of conviction that it becomes spent.

I hope the cw takes into account the time he processes my application which is more than likely after October as 5 years will be up. If cw decides to take into account the date of application it may be refused.
It is 2 years from the date of conviction.
Click here to send me a PM regarding an offensive post. Do NOT PM me for immigration advice.

huqqapani
Member of Standing
Mood:
United Kingdom

Post by huqqapani » Thu Aug 01, 2013 6:40 pm

D4109125 wrote:
huqqapani wrote:

It is 2 years from the date of conviction.
is it 2 years for fine as well as I was fined £200 along with conviction.

Amber
Mood:
United Kingdom

Post by Amber » Thu Aug 01, 2013 6:54 pm

Yes it is.

huqqapani
Member of Standing
Mood:
United Kingdom

Post by huqqapani » Thu Aug 01, 2013 7:00 pm

D4109125 wrote:Yes it is.
I guess that I need not worry. Thanks a lot for your help

shafmar

Re: ILR application sent, Traffic offence PCN

Post by shafmar » Tue Jan 14, 2014 4:13 pm

Hi
I Am a bit troubled by the new rules on unspent convictions. First of all I have a pending 10 year long residency application and it's been 3 months and haven't heard anything as yet after my biometrics.

My application involves a PCN which was issues on 4.11.2012 . This was issued by court for the reason I have moved address and the letter failed to reach me on time. So I had to go to courts and pa
y the fine. There was no question by the judge if I was guilty or not. It was a straight forward hearing where I was told about a fine for £130 and 4 points on the license. The judge clearly said I will not have a criminal offence due to this and this was normal but had to go through courts.

Can any experienced gurus give me some thought on this because this is very worrying to me. Also I did mention this on my application .

Thanks