ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Advice needed as evidence for exercising treaty rights

Use this section for any queries concerning the EU Settlement Scheme, for applicants holding pre-settled and settled status.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

mikilo2008

Advice needed as evidence for exercising treaty rights

Post by mikilo2008 » Wed Jul 31, 2013 12:39 am

My husband is self employed but he is not making much money. He found a job in Oxford and we are considering he picks up the job. I am applying for a resident card based on his self employment this month but will like to add other document s once he start in oxford he will be coming home every weekend. Does it matter if he lives or have a family in newcastle and work in Oxford because it will reflect in his payslip.

askmeplz82
Diamond Member

Re: Advice needed as evidence for exercising treaty rights

Post by askmeplz82 » Wed Jul 31, 2013 12:47 am

mikilo2008 wrote:My husband is self employed but he is not making much money. He found a job in Oxford and we are considering he picks up the job. I am applying for a resident card based on his self employment this month but will like to add other document s once he start in oxford he will be coming home every weekend. Does it matter if he lives or have a family in newcastle and work in Oxford because it will reflect in his payslip.
NO ; as long as he is Working doesn't matter how much he earn. But it's good if the hours is 12 minimum per week ( but i've heard UKBA accept even 8 hours per week too )

and yes it also doesn't matter where he live and work. How long you two been married ?

wiggsy

Post by wiggsy » Wed Jul 31, 2013 12:50 am

mikilo2008 wrote:My husband is self employed but he is not making much money. He found a job in Oxford and we are considering he picks up the job. I am applying for a resident card based on his self employment this month but will like to add other document s once he start in oxford he will be coming home every weekend. Does it matter if he lives or have a family in newcastle and work in Oxford because it will reflect in his payslip.
A lot of families live apart in the week to save the commute (fuel etc is often more than a cheap flat / houseshare)...

just make sure that all bank accounts etc remain registered in your home address (as in where you live). Also, might be worth getting a joint bank account etc (to show financial linking etc - although not required it might help).

I wouldnt be supprised if you get the marriage interview :)

As for the low self employed income... have you got WTC / CTC ETC?

as your husband is a worker, just ensure that you are getting everything you are entitled to... if he earns more this year, tax credits next year will be lower (and thus could begin a vicous cycle...)

is there a reason for waiting for your EEA application? - how come you didnt apply before the fee introduction?

mikilo2008

Post by mikilo2008 » Thu Aug 01, 2013 12:06 am

wiggsy wrote:
A lot of families live apart in the week to save the commute (fuel etc is often more than a cheap flat / houseshare)...

just make sure that all bank accounts etc remain registered in your home address (as in where you live). Also, might be worth getting a joint bank account etc (to show financial linking etc - although not required it might help).

I wouldnt be supprised if you get the marriage interview :)

As for the low self employed income... have you got WTC / CTC ETC?

as your husband is a worker, just ensure that you are getting everything you are entitled to... if he earns more this year, tax credits next year will be lower (and thus could begin a vicous cycle...)

is there a reason for waiting for your EEA application? - how come you didnt apply before the fee introduction?
Thanks wiggly,

Well, the interview will not be any problem. Am applying for our Son as well who is 5. We have pictures of our relationship dated back 1998 till date and other evidences to show its not a sham. He was living in Ireland and he just relocated to the UK few weeks before the wedding. We couldn't apply before the introduction of the fees because he has to get something doing and show evidence of exercising his treaty rights. How is your case?

sheraz7
Respected Guru

Post by sheraz7 » Thu Aug 01, 2013 1:20 am

As your EEA national partner is going to start new job then why you want to add further documents which can cause even complication between self employment and employment. For a straight case worker can be opted only for which Job contract and/or employer letter can serve the purpose in contrary to self employment where business accounts, invoices, accountant letter etc. will need.
Please donot send PM. Write in open forum to facilitate others too.
REGARDS

wiggsy

Post by wiggsy » Thu Aug 01, 2013 5:01 pm

i agree with Sheraz on the confusion part... :) keep it nice n simple for them... they cant work out complicated things (even things like English words)...

I've PM'd u

mikilo2008

Post by mikilo2008 » Thu Aug 01, 2013 10:38 pm

wiggsy wrote:i agree with Sheraz on the confusion part... :) keep it nice n simple for them... they cant work out complicated things (even things like English words)...

I've PM'd u
Please read yours