ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

UKBA refunded money for Sponsorship License Application,HELP

Only for the UK Skilled Worker visas, formerly known as Tier 2 visa route

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

talktonight

UKBA refunded money for Sponsorship License Application,HELP

Post by talktonight » Wed Jul 31, 2013 11:02 am

My company applied for Sponsorship License around 2.5 weeks ago
They've sent all documents by next day recorded delivery and made sure UKBA received it. They paid for application via UKBA's web site, using credit card. Payment of £515 was successful.

Yesterday they received an email from WorldPay, informing that they've received a refund of £515 from UKBA.

Does anybody have ideas what this could mean?

As far as I'm aware, even if UKBA refuses application, the fee is not refundable.

Any help would be highly appreciated!

Jeeves

Post by Jeeves » Wed Jul 31, 2013 6:56 pm

Sounds like the case has been rejected. The typical reason is that a mandatory document was not received by UKBA. They write out and ask for more if a non-mandatory document is missing but reject and return everything where a mandatory document hasn't been provided.

Ask the employer to call 0300 123 4699 and ask what the reason is.

talktonight

Post by talktonight » Thu Aug 01, 2013 1:26 pm

Jeeves wrote:Sounds like the case has been rejected. The typical reason is that a mandatory document was not received by UKBA. They write out and ask for more if a non-mandatory document is missing but reject and return everything where a mandatory document hasn't been provided.

Ask the employer to call 0300 123 4699 and ask what the reason is.
Thanks for the tip, will do that!

Today we received a letter from them confirming the refund, but no other information whatsoever! Is this normal - to refuse the application and provide no details why...?! Also, what about all the original documents company sent them? They need it back in order to reapply.

The Station Agent
United Kingdom

Post by The Station Agent » Mon Aug 05, 2013 11:34 am

In my experience the sponsor company HAS received email notification of the refusal, but it's gone into the spam filter and/or been deleted. It will be a problem with one or more of the documents. They love refusing apps on the support docs - it's a default position.

iworker
Diamond Member
Mood:
Pakistan

Post by iworker » Mon Aug 05, 2013 3:54 pm

they dont refund the fee in case of refusing an appliocation to become a sponsor.
Hence IMO, it is the case of UKBA not recieving the doc sent.

talktonight

Post by talktonight » Thu Aug 08, 2013 12:54 pm

My company finally received reply from UKBA, as well as all original documents they sent when applying.

UKBA is saying that application was refused because they failed to submit mandatory document, which in the case of my company was food certificate. The problem is that my company does not deal with food at all, therefore hasn't got any food certificates whatsoever. It's a hotel, but no food is served in premises.

I instantly thought that my company should've made this application as Limited Company (Group 5) and not a Hotel (Group 8 ), because it looks like UKBA required food certificates from all hotels by default.

Does anybody know can Ltd company who runs few hotels apply for sponsorship license as Ltd company (Group 5), not as hotel (Group 8 )?

iworker
Diamond Member
Mood:
Pakistan

Post by iworker » Fri Aug 09, 2013 9:37 am

they defo can
this is what they should have applied in the first case.