ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Another Pakistani problem - Illegal request for documents!

Forum to discuss all things Blarney | Ireland immigration

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

SRAQAI

Another Pakistani problem - Illegal request for documents!

Post by SRAQAI » Wed Jul 31, 2013 11:08 am

Surprise, surprise, the Irish Consul in Pakistan is asking my husband to send pictures of our wedding and bank statements in supoort of his D visa application, under Directive 2004/38/ec freedom of movement. Seriously, whats wrong with these people? I so hope these western embassies in Pakistan stop employing very incompetent locals who know absolutely nothing about EU Law, in order to deal with visa applications.

My husband sent, as requested, original Passport and marriage certificate in English. Now the Consul is saying that they want photocopies of these and they have asked hubby to send them a bankers draft in order to cover the cost of photocopying!!! I couldnt believe it. I told my husband to ask him in their language how much bakshish (bribe money) they want, just to get our application going and do the job for us. These people are so corrupt that they probably wud accept the bakshish - though of course my husband would never ask them this, he knows im just saying this out of anger. But seriously????

Can they ask for photocopy money, which is somewhere along the lines of 20p???

Ive emailed SOLVIT and that Iron Lady (yes Ive dealt with her for more then 2 years and she too is an incompetent Miss something or another) is holiday. Of course. *sigh* :roll:

DoctorBen
- thin ice -

Post by DoctorBen » Wed Jul 31, 2013 1:46 pm

Hi SRAQAI,

I went through the process of getting a visa for my wife from Pakistan D category, the documents they have requested if you have provided them on the first place, you would have saved yourself from all this hassle.

It's not the matter of bribe, its the matter of the application procedure, i think if you would have emailed them, all of these things are listed part of the application procedure.

Please note: doesn't matter if you are an Irish national or not, if you do not cooperate with the local embassy, i can guarantee they will refuse your hubby visa and than you have to appeal/court which is a long and expensive way.

FYI- I have submitted all the requested documents, made 2 set of copies of every document submitted and my wife got visa in 3 months.

Hope that helps

jcaesar
Newly Registered

Re: Another Pakistani problem - Illegal request for documen

Post by jcaesar » Wed Jul 31, 2013 1:47 pm

SRAQAI wrote:Surprise, surprise, the Irish Consul in Pakistan is asking my husband to send pictures of our wedding and bank statements in supoort of his D visa application, under Directive 2004/38/ec freedom of movement. Seriously, whats wrong with these people? I so hope these western embassies in Pakistan stop employing very incompetent locals who know absolutely nothing about EU Law, in order to deal with visa applications.

My husband sent, as requested, original Passport and marriage certificate in English. Now the Consul is saying that they want photocopies of these and they have asked hubby to send them a bankers draft in order to cover the cost of photocopying!!! I couldnt believe it. I told my husband to ask him in their language how much bakshish (bribe money) they want, just to get our application going and do the job for us. These people are so corrupt that they probably wud accept the bakshish - though of course my husband would never ask them this, he knows im just saying this out of anger. But seriously????

Ive emailed SOLVIT and that Iron Lady (yes Ive dealt with her for more then 2 years and she too is an incompetent Miss something or another) is holiday. Of course. *sigh* :roll:
If your husband is requesting spouse visa then he has to provide the pictures of wedding and other supporting documents, this is norm in all Irish embassies around the world.

SRAQAI

Post by SRAQAI » Wed Jul 31, 2013 1:55 pm

DoctorBen wrote:Hi SRAQAI,

I went through the process of getting a visa for my wife from Pakistan D category, the documents they have requested if you have provided them on the first place, you would have saved yourself from all this hassle.

It's not the matter of bribe, its the matter of the application procedure, i think if you would have emailed them, all of these things are listed part of the application procedure.

Please note: doesn't matter if you are an Irish national or not, if you do not cooperate with the local embassy, i can guarantee they will refuse your hubby visa and than you have to appeal/court which is a long and expensive way.

FYI- I have submitted all the requested documents, made 2 set of copies of every document submitted and my wife got visa in 3 months.

Hope that helps

Thanks for this. I am not an Irish Citizen, but a UK citizen practicing my EU rights of freedom of movement under EU law. Because of this our situation is different - my husband has a legal right to this visa which in theory they are not allowed to reject. We only submit marriage certs and passport for visa stamping. I think the Consul is thinking the same as you are. we fall into a different category.

CheGuevara
- thin ice -
Mood:
Ireland

Re: Another Pakistani problem - Illegal request for documen

Post by CheGuevara » Fri Aug 02, 2013 6:05 pm

jcaesar wrote:
SRAQAI wrote:Surprise, surprise, the Irish Consul in Pakistan is asking my husband to send pictures of our wedding and bank statements in supoort of his D visa application, under Directive 2004/38/ec freedom of movement. Seriously, whats wrong with these people? I so hope these western embassies in Pakistan stop employing very incompetent locals who know absolutely nothing about EU Law, in order to deal with visa applications.

If your husband is requesting spouse visa then he has to provide the pictures of wedding and other supporting documents, this is norm in all Irish embassies around the world.
I beg to differ, they never asked me for no pictures.

EUsmileWEallsmile

Post by EUsmileWEallsmile » Sun Aug 04, 2013 10:43 pm

@ Sammad,

It is a pity that you've experienced problems. The EU route is not a rouse. It works, but there are conditions that have to be fulfilled. Best of luck.

nobodysperfect

Post by nobodysperfect » Tue Aug 06, 2013 2:37 pm

Asking money for photocopying is just so petty on them. I am sure it wont cost you more than a couple of quids to just pay for it rather than wasting your time arguing your point. They are still getting paid for this while you are the one who is at the loosing end.

The directive clearly gives the option to member states to ask for additional documents to ascertain the genuineness of your relationship. Its at their discretion and that is what they are doing by asking you to provide pictures of your marriage. Read the following point on page 4 of the directive.
28- To guard against abuse of rights or fraud, notably
marriages of convenience or any other form of relationships contracted for the sole purpose of enjoying the
right of free movement and residence, Member States
should have the possibility to adopt the necessary
measures.