ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

UK Visit 2 months before expiry

General UK immigration & work permits; don't post job search or family related topics!

Please use this section of the board if there is no specific section for your query.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

tihskirap
Newly Registered

UK Visit 2 months before expiry

Post by tihskirap » Wed Jul 31, 2013 12:06 pm

Hi,

My PSW visa expires in the month of Feb'14 . I left UK in Apr'12, and have been working ever since in India. I am planning to visit the UK IN December this year for personal reasons. Will I be able to travel on the PSW ,or will it be rejected ?

Thanks in advance.

tihskirap
Newly Registered

Post by tihskirap » Wed Jul 31, 2013 3:21 pm

If someone could please advise me ... thanks

Highly_Skilled

Post by Highly_Skilled » Wed Jul 31, 2013 5:49 pm

tihskirap wrote:If someone could please advise me ... thanks
As you have been outside the UK for over a year the chances are that you will get stopped upon entry and may even be denied entry to the UK.

This is a risk you may be willing to take. Personally, I would apply to come in as a Visitor if it's for a short period of time.

tihskirap
Newly Registered

Post by tihskirap » Wed Jul 31, 2013 5:52 pm

Highly_Skilled wrote:
tihskirap wrote:If someone could please advise me ... thanks
As you have been outside the UK for over a year the chances are that you will get stopped upon entry and may even be denied entry to the UK.

This is a risk you may be willing to take. Personally, I would apply to come in as a Visitor if it's for a short period of time.
Hey,
Thanks for the reply mate. Yea , i thought as much, would be very difficult to gain entry. I might as well cancel the trip, since the only reason was to visit the UK one last time before my visa expired.

z18runway

Re: UK Visit 2 months before expiry

Post by z18runway » Thu Aug 01, 2013 3:34 pm

tihskirap wrote:Hi,

My PSW visa expires in the month of Feb'14 . I left UK in Apr'12, and have been working ever since in India. I am planning to visit the UK IN December this year for personal reasons. Will I be able to travel on the PSW ,or will it be rejected ?

Thanks in advance.
There wont be a problem, you can visit.

tihskirap
Newly Registered

Re: UK Visit 2 months before expiry

Post by tihskirap » Thu Aug 01, 2013 5:05 pm

z18runway wrote:
tihskirap wrote:Hi,

Thanks in advance.
There wont be a problem, you can visit.
Hi z18runway,

Thanks for the response. Glad to hear some positive response on the issue :) . But are you totally sure? Please lemme know if u hve had personal experience on the same.

z18runway

Post by z18runway » Thu Aug 01, 2013 9:41 pm

I don't have personal experience, but i am sure that you wont have problems at the immigration control except normal questions.