ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

URGENT ! Tier 2 UNRESTRICTED COS TIMELINE

Only for the UK Skilled Worker visas, formerly known as Tier 2 visa route

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

tfairy1
Newly Registered

URGENT ! Tier 2 UNRESTRICTED COS TIMELINE

Post by tfairy1 » Thu Aug 01, 2013 1:02 am

Hi,

I'm switching from Tier 4 to Tier 2 (G) in the UK.
My employer has requested for Unrestricted COS on SMS on 17 July 2013, and she says she has not received any new information on SMS yet.

I thought emplolyers needed to make application for Restricted Cos only, and given Unrestricted Cos automatically on SMS... is this incorrect?

What is the timeline for Unrestricted Cos to be made available to the employer?

Also, before requesting for Cos, the employer asked me for the date I was given my degree, and said something about last training/education needing to be within 12 months... I am unsure what she was on about, and why she needed this information to make the request..? anyone any idea?

Thank you very much in advance.

Jeeves

Post by Jeeves » Thu Aug 01, 2013 6:46 am

Your employer may not have any certificates left, in which case they would have to ask UKBA for some more and give a basic justification of what they want them for. This can take 2-3 weeks but is usually just a few days.

Or, they may have already assigned the certificate but are unfamiliar with how the SMS works and mistakenly think that UKBA will contact them about this. Guides to the SMS can be found here: http://www.ukba.homeoffice.gov.uk/busin ... rants/sms/

Not sure what they are referring to re the 12 months.

tfairy1
Newly Registered

Post by tfairy1 » Mon Aug 05, 2013 1:25 pm

Hi, Thank you very much for your reply.

I think my employer might be lying to me.
She told me she applied for the unrestricted COS on 17th July on SMS.
Then she said on 2nd Aug, that she has received the COS and just need to pay for it and assign it to me.
Today, she said on 2nd Aug, the system said she could assign a COS, but when she came to pay for it today, right at the end of the process, the system told me that she did not have any certificate to assign.
She told me other people must have used up the certificates, and there was no way that she could have checked how many she had left until today.
She said she has now applied for the COS through a different channel.

I personally cannot believe this story is true. I think she made a mistake on 17th July, and has not actually applied for the COS. I think she is blaming the system for her mistake.
What do you think? Could what she's saying be possibly true?

iworker
Diamond Member
Mood:
Pakistan

Post by iworker » Mon Aug 05, 2013 3:50 pm

IMOH, i think she is telling the truth.
this all what she has said does happen like this.
plus, u need to think people dont lie just like that.. she could have said u i dont have cos yet and u cant do nothing about it. so give her chance.