ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

ILR success at Croydon

Only for queries regarding Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). Please use the EU Settlement Scheme forum for queries about settled status under Appendix EU

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

friday

ILR success at Croydon

Post by friday » Thu Aug 01, 2013 11:13 am

Hi All,

ILR was approved yesterday at Croydon. My case: work permit + tier 1

documents provided in addition to the basic ones:

set (o) form
12 bank statements
12 payslips
employer letter (absence 145 days)
life in UK test
old + new passport
police registration
12 bank statements +12 payslips + approval letter for my work permit

Notes:

1- appointment time does not mean you will be served on that time. first come fist served!
2-you do not meet the case worker. you only meet a person who just enter basic data about you and collect your documents. do not try to discuss documents with him, he is just a transporter. He just asks to put all your documents in a folder.
3- the process took about 4 hours, most of the time waiting for biometrics +payment (~2.5 hours). the decision time is about 1.5 hour.
4- check your document carefully after decision on the spot. they did not return the employer letter. I only checked the documents at home!
5- case worker does not seems interested in all documents that I provided for work permit as both original and photocopies were returned. He just kept photocopies of payslips.
6- provide old passport even if it does not contain any relevant VISA to your current application. the caseworker kept the photocopy.

Thank you very much all for your help. I will now move to the next section (British citizenship). Hope to see you there soon!

redbull110

Post by redbull110 » Thu Aug 01, 2013 11:42 am

Hi Friday. What time did you reach the Croydon PEO ?

Also did you provide the photocopies of every page of the passport or just the first two pages only?

Thanks.

Regards,

REDBULL110

friday

Post by friday » Thu Aug 01, 2013 11:57 am

redbull110 wrote:Hi Friday. What time did you reach the Croydon PEO ?

Also did you provide the photocopies of every page of the passport or just the first two pages only?

Thanks.

Regards,

REDBULL110
My appointment was at 10:30 am. I originally planned to be there at 9:45 am. I reached there 10:20 am due to train delay.

I provided photocopy of the first two pages + each page of the passport that contained a UK VISA stamp + stamps showing exit and entry date. In the old passport I had VISAs to different countries (before I come to UK) and I did not photocopy them.

Subbarao

Re: ILR success at Croydon

Post by Subbarao » Thu Aug 01, 2013 12:06 pm

friday wrote:Hi All,

set (o) form
12 bank statements
12 payslips
life in UK test
old + new passport
police registration

Notes:

1- appointment time does not mean you will be served on that time. first come fist served!
2-you do not meet the case worker. you only meet a person who just enter basic data about you and collect your documents. do not try to discuss documents with him, he is just a transporter. He just asks to put all your documents in a folder.
3- the process took about 4 hours, most of the time waiting for biometrics +payment (~2.5 hours). the decision time is about 1.5 hour.
4- check your document carefully after decision on the spot. they did not return the employer letter. I only checked the documents at home!
5- case worker does not seems interested in all documents that I provided for work permit as both original and photocopies were returned. He just kept photocopies of payslips.
6- provide old passport even if it does not contain any relevant VISA to your current application. the caseworker kept the photocopy.

Thank you very much all for your help. I will now move to the next section (British citizenship). Hope to see you there soon!
Hi Congratulations.

did they ask about the P60s ? also for section 11 L i assume the work permit letter / approval letters would be suffice.

What do you suggest ?

thanks.

friday

Post by friday » Thu Aug 01, 2013 1:06 pm

Sorry forgot to mention that I provided 5 x P60 but they did not seem to be interested as they returned both originals and photocopies.

For 11L , I provided bank statements + payslips + approval letter and they returned all originals and photocopies, EXCEPT they only kept photocopies of payslips. If you have all is good, but it seems they prefer payslips.

Hi Congratulations.

did they ask about the P60s ? also for section 11 L i assume the work permit letter / approval letters would be suffice.

What do you suggest ?

thanks.[/quote]

Subbarao

Post by Subbarao » Thu Aug 01, 2013 1:09 pm

friday wrote:Sorry forgot to mention that I provided 5 x P60 but they did not seem to be interested as they returned both originals and photocopies.

For 11L , I provided bank statements + payslips + approval letter but they only kept photocopies of payslips. If you have all is good, but it seems they prefer payslips.

Hi Congratulations.

What do you suggest ?

thanks.
[/quote]

Hi, thanks for the clarification.

have you submitted the last 5 years salary slips ? or the salary slips to cover the period prior to your Tier1 grant as stated in sectino 11 L ?

please suggest

friday

Post by friday » Thu Aug 01, 2013 1:28 pm

I submitted 12 payslips from start of work permit until I got my initial tier 1. and they kept the 12 of them.

ilr-tracker

Post by ilr-tracker » Thu Aug 01, 2013 1:53 pm

Which means they definitely need something which proves that your where economically active when you were on WP prior Tier-1 , only WP approval letters would not meet the requirements.

They should clearly state this in section 11L, what's mentioned is you should meet immigration rules requirement..

Relating meeting the requirement to meet immigration rules does not explicitly mean that you have to prove that you were economically active !!!

In simple terms Immigration Rules would mean - you are not overstayer and have leave to remain...

Guru's/Moderators
Any Views...
friday wrote:I submitted 12 payslips from start of work permit until I got my initial tier 1. and they kept the 12 of them.
Make this world a better place to live

ilr-tracker

Post by ilr-tracker » Fri Aug 02, 2013 3:45 pm

Any Views..
Has anybody been specifically been asked to produce P-60 or salary slips to prove period before Tier-1 visa grant.
Or has anybody's case rejected on that basis...
Please Advise.

ilr-tracker wrote:Which means they definitely need something which proves that your where economically active when you were on WP prior Tier-1 , only WP approval letters would not meet the requirements.

They should clearly state this in section 11L, what's mentioned is you should meet immigration rules requirement..

Relating meeting the requirement to meet immigration rules does not explicitly mean that you have to prove that you were economically active !!!

In simple terms Immigration Rules would mean - you are not overstayer and have leave to remain...

Guru's/Moderators
Any Views...
friday wrote:I submitted 12 payslips from start of work permit until I got my initial tier 1. and they kept the 12 of them.
Make this world a better place to live

chelsea2014

Post by chelsea2014 » Fri Aug 02, 2013 4:10 pm

Really annoying that their IT equipment had issues today so my son's biometric could not be verified today including others.

So was told they will get back to us next week after staying for more than 4 hrs :(, so what was the essence of paying that extra money for same day processing.

Subbarao

Post by Subbarao » Fri Aug 02, 2013 4:50 pm

chelsea2014 wrote:Really annoying that their IT equipment had issues today so my son's biometric could not be verified today including others.

So was told they will get back to us next week after staying for more than 4 hrs :(, so what was the essence of paying that extra money for same day processing.
yeah, thats bad. I hope your ILR must have approved ?

raholptl

Post by raholptl » Sat Aug 03, 2013 1:54 pm

set (o) form
12 bank statements
12 payslips
life in UK test
old + new passport
police registration

Notes:

Congrats friday,
Can you please tell your ILR was stamped on the passport or just biometric card was given?

leicester_boy
Mood:
United Kingdom

Post by leicester_boy » Sat Aug 03, 2013 2:24 pm

hi Friday,

Congratulations for your ILR. Is police registration certificate compulsory? I thought we didn't need to provide one?

Thanks

------------------------------------

set (o) form
12 bank statements
12 payslips
life in UK test
old + new passport
police registration

Subbarao

Post by Subbarao » Sat Aug 03, 2013 7:11 pm

leicester_boy wrote:hi Friday,

Congratulations for your ILR. Is police registration certificate compulsory? I thought we didn't need to provide one?

Thanks

set (o) form
12 bank statements
12 payslips
life in UK test
old + new passport
police registration

Not everyone required for the police registration. i guess the following link suggests about which national people should register.

http://www.ukba.homeoffice.gov.uk/polic ... ecb/ecb16/

please also confirm with others.

leicester_boy
Mood:
United Kingdom

Post by leicester_boy » Sat Aug 03, 2013 11:56 pm

thanks Subbarao
----------------

Not everyone required for the police registration. i guess the following link suggests about which national people should register.

http://www.ukba.homeoffice.gov.uk/polic ... ecb/ecb16/

please also confirm with others.[/quote]

friday

Post by friday » Sun Aug 04, 2013 11:50 am

ILR was not stamped on passport. But they said that they will send the biometric card (ILR card) to me by post.

raholptl wrote:

set (o) form
12 bank statements
12 payslips
life in UK test
old + new passport
police registration

Notes:

Congrats friday,
Can you please tell your ILR was stamped on the passport or just biometric card was given?

friday

Post by friday » Sun Aug 04, 2013 11:51 am

Yes, it was compulsory for me. But after ILR approval, I do not need to register with police anymore.

leicester_boy wrote:hi Friday,

Thanks

set (o) form
12 bank statements
12 payslips
life in UK test
old + new passport
police registration