ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Appeal accepted under Article 8, ECHR

Only for the UK Skilled Worker visas, formerly known as Tier 2 visa route

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

Valian Matthews
Newly Registered

Appeal accepted under Article 8, ECHR

Post by Valian Matthews » Thu Aug 01, 2013 5:45 pm

Hey guys,

So I had lodged an appeal against the decision to refuse leave to remain in the UK under Tier 2 (General) as my company had made an error with the Occupation Code in the CoS they originally issued me.

Long story short, I appealed against the decision and today I was notified that while it was not possible to allow the appeal against the initial decision, the appeal has been allowed under Article 8, ECHR as I had no control over the mess up, and based on my 'good' immigration history.

Do you know what is the procedure from hereon in? I do know that the Secretary of State will have the right to contest the decision, but say that were not to happen. What sort of visa will I be issued with? For how long, and what does it entail? Will that visa length count towards ILR?

Thank you for your help.

-Valian

khans

Post by khans » Fri Aug 02, 2013 1:29 am

Hi,

Congratulations for the appeal being accepted. I appealed for exactly the same case but my appeal was refused. Is it possible to get hold of your case reference number so I can use it as a reference if needed for my extensions and other applications in future?

Best Regards,
Khans

zohur
Newly Registered

Post by zohur » Fri Aug 02, 2013 6:25 pm

hi mr khan after your refusal what sort of actions did you take?

khans

Post by khans » Fri Aug 02, 2013 8:28 pm

Hi,

I made an out of time application using a fresh certificate of sponsorship and the leave to remain was granted.