ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Potential Fraudulent Immigration Application

General UK immigration & work permits; don't post job search or family related topics!

Please use this section of the board if there is no specific section for your query.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

mrkoma2012

Potential Fraudulent Immigration Application

Post by mrkoma2012 » Fri Aug 02, 2013 12:12 pm

My son and his mother were supposed to visit me in the UK for 3months.They are both Namibian nationals, hence can visit the UK for upto 6months.

However, my son's mother became adamant and wanted to remain in the UK at any cost. I made it clear that i won't be assisting her in any desperate plan to remain in the UK.

Two weeks before her departure date, she left my residence with her belongings and the child. A few days later she returned pleading that i let her stay, i vehemently refused her pleas.

The next course of action was a surprise call from the police stating that i was involved in a case of common assault. I was arrested and later released with a decision by the police of NFA ( no further action).

Presently, both are with social services as she is unable to sustain her stay in the UK.I strongly believe that she is using every possible means to remain in the UK.

Key points to note:

She was deported 5yrs ago for breaching conditions of her visa.
The child wasn't born in the UK
We are not married, engaged, lived together for a period of her 2yrs nor been in any serious relationship.
I never assaulted her and there was a witness in the house. Also, she returned to my house an hour after i got arrested insisting that my door is broken down as to get the child's birth certificate . This document is needed to register him in school, claim benefits,etc.

Now, i am trying to get access to my son and she says she can't tell me where they are.

What are my options and how do i inform the home office of a desperate and potential immigration application ?

Obie
Ireland

Post by Obie » Fri Aug 02, 2013 1:07 pm

What is the nationality of the child.
Smooth seas do not make skilful sailors

mrkoma2012

Post by mrkoma2012 » Fri Aug 02, 2013 1:10 pm

The child was born in Namibia. The father is British, but doesn't have custody of the child

Obie
Ireland

Post by Obie » Fri Aug 02, 2013 1:15 pm

It does not matter where the child was born. What is his nationality? Better still, was he birn before you obtained British Citizenship.

mrkoma2012

Post by mrkoma2012 » Fri Aug 02, 2013 1:26 pm

He is Namibia citizen

Obie
Ireland

Post by Obie » Fri Aug 02, 2013 1:29 pm

That does not preclude the child from being British.

Again, were you a British on the day the child was born, and is your name on his birth certificate.

mrkoma2012

Post by mrkoma2012 » Fri Aug 02, 2013 1:31 pm

I was British before he was given birth to and my name is on the birth certificate

vinny

Post by vinny » Fri Aug 02, 2013 1:36 pm

What was his date of birth?
This is not intended to be legal or professional advice in any jurisdiction. Please click on any given links for further information. Refer to the source of any quotes.
We do not inherit the Earth from our ancestors, we borrow it from our children.

Obie
Ireland

Post by Obie » Fri Aug 02, 2013 1:39 pm

Then your child is a British Citizen also, assuming of course you obtained your citizenship by naturalisation or Birth, and he was born after july 2006.

The mother did not need to report you to the police to be able to stay here.

It is unfortunate that she took the wrong course.

She could have made a perfectly lawful application.

You are reminded that a passport does not confer citizenship, it merely confirm that right which existed after a particular event. This could be birth, naturalisation or regustration.

mrkoma2012

Post by mrkoma2012 » Fri Aug 02, 2013 1:41 pm

15/10/2008

Obie
Ireland

Post by Obie » Fri Aug 02, 2013 1:57 pm

Your son is a British Citizen.

Well you can come to a compromise.

Allow them to stay, she gives you unrestricted access to your son, and you apply for your sons passport, which will facilitate any residency application she may wish to make, and as a condition, she retract the false allegation against you.

That way, everyone is a winner.

At present, she cannot claim any benefit without your express support, in applying for confirmation of your sons nationality.

mrkoma2012

Post by mrkoma2012 » Fri Aug 02, 2013 2:06 pm

I got my British citizenship by descent i.e through my mother. Does this apply to the child was(naturalisation).

Amber
Mood:
United Kingdom

Post by Amber » Fri Aug 02, 2013 2:08 pm

mrkoma2012 wrote:I got my British citizenship by descent i.e through my mother. Does this apply to the child was(naturalisation).
Were you born in the UK or abroad?
**this forum is not intended to be a substitute for professional advice**
Click here to send me a PM regarding an offensive post. Do NOT PM me for immigration advice.

mrkoma2012

Post by mrkoma2012 » Fri Aug 02, 2013 2:12 pm

I was born abroad

Obie
Ireland

Post by Obie » Fri Aug 02, 2013 2:14 pm

Well if it was through descent, then your child cannot be British.

mrkoma2012

Post by mrkoma2012 » Fri Aug 02, 2013 2:15 pm

Obie wrote:Your son is a British Citizen.

Well you can come to a compromise.

Allow them to stay, she gives you unrestricted access to your son, and you apply for your sons passport, which will facilitate any residency application she may wish to make, and as a condition, she retract the false allegation against you.

That way, everyone is a winner.

At present, she cannot claim any benefit without your express support, in applying for confirmation of your sons nationality.
In simple terms, are you implying that for them remaining in the UKdepends on me conferring British nationality to my son??.

mrkoma2012

Post by mrkoma2012 » Fri Aug 02, 2013 2:20 pm

Obie wrote:Well if it was through descent, then your child cannot be British.
What about the false common assault case.Can this be used in making any application?Remember, we are not married, engaged, nor lived together for them2yrs or more

Amber
Mood:
United Kingdom

Post by Amber » Fri Aug 02, 2013 2:41 pm

Potentially it could be used for Destitution Domestic Violence (DDV) concession but not for DV settlement. DDV looks at getting public funds etc... though UKBA domestic violence support is often changing. Moreover, social services can offer more support for certain groups as do other organisations.

As you are British by descent and your child was born abroad the child is not automatically British. However, the child should be entitled to be registered under section 3(2) of the British Nationality Act 1981 and thus become British (if not already done). The child may also be entitled to register under section 3(5) of the British Nationality Act 1981 which is more favorable but may take some resdiency time i.e. the child living in the UK. I suspect you would like your child to be British so you should investigate this further.
Click here to send me a PM regarding an offensive post. Do NOT PM me for immigration advice.

mrkoma2012

Post by mrkoma2012 » Fri Aug 02, 2013 2:53 pm

D4109125 wrote:Potentially it could be used for Destitution Domestic Violence (DDV) concession but not for DV settlement. DDV looks at getting public funds etc... though UKBA domestic violence support is often changing. Moreover, social services can offer more support for certain groups as do other organisations.

As you are British by descent and your child was born abroad the child is not automatically British. However, the child should be entitled to be registered under section 3(2) of the British Nationality Act 1981 and thus become British (if not already done). The child may also be entitled to register under section 3(5) of the British Nationality Act 1981 which is more favorable but may take some resdiency time i.e. the child living in the UK. I suspect you would like your child to be British so you should investigate this further.
At present, social services are responsible for both the mother and child's needs. The initial 6months visitor period ends in October. What happens after this period.

Amber
Mood:
United Kingdom

Post by Amber » Fri Aug 02, 2013 2:56 pm

mrkoma2012 wrote:
D4109125 wrote:Potentially it could be used for Destitution Domestic Violence (DDV) concession but not for DV settlement. DDV looks at getting public funds etc... though UKBA domestic violence support is often changing. Moreover, social services can offer more support for certain groups as do other organisations.

At present, social services are responsible for both the mother and child's needs. The initial 6months visitor period ends in October. What happens after this period.
Well, they will be here without valid leave thus over staying. There is leave for exceptional circumstances outside the rules but you shouldn't rely on them. You should put things in motion to try and regularise their stay i.e. the registration of the child.

Obie
Ireland

Post by Obie » Fri Aug 02, 2013 3:01 pm

Very confusing, as it appears father does not want mother and son to stay in the UK, but want access to the chid.

The child cannot qualify for registration as of right, as things stand, but may qualify at the discretion of the Secretary of State.

Child may qualify for registration under Section 3 (2).

Not sure section 3 (5) is applicable, as mum is obviously not British, nevermind british by descent.
Last edited by Obie on Fri Aug 02, 2013 3:10 pm, edited 1 time in total.

mrkoma2012

Post by mrkoma2012 » Fri Aug 02, 2013 3:09 pm

My concern is the domestic violence settlement or human rights application. She has been in the UK for less than 3months. Is it possible to make an application based on the above.

Amber
Mood:
United Kingdom

Post by Amber » Fri Aug 02, 2013 3:11 pm

The child could have an entitlement to regsiter as British under section 3(2) of the British Nationality Act 1981 if the grandparent was British otherwise than by descent and the other criteria was met or possibly even the more favourable section 3(5) if the child starts living in the UK. Though this would need investigation.

Yes I agree, it appears that the OP either wants rid of the ex, or perhaps even the child as well. However, they have not said either way.

mrkoma2012

Post by mrkoma2012 » Fri Aug 02, 2013 3:13 pm

Obie wrote:Very confusing, as it appears father does not want mother and son to stay in the UK, but want access to the chid.

The child cannot qualify for registration as of right, as things stand, but may qualify at the discretion of the Secretary of State.
Mother and child were supposed to come for a 3month visit. But, the mother is adamant and desperate to remain in the UK.

On what grounds will the secretary of state get involved?

Obie
Ireland

Post by Obie » Fri Aug 02, 2013 3:16 pm

Those attempt are doomed, but try and come to a compromise, to stop this issue dragging.