ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Quick help please - only 20 seconds of your time

Only for queries regarding Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). Please use the EU Settlement Scheme forum for queries about settled status under Appendix EU

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

derrick
Newly Registered

Quick help please - only 20 seconds of your time

Post by derrick » Fri Aug 02, 2013 11:10 pm

If you have taken the Life In The UK test in 2013, does your current address or postcode appear on the certificate?

The reason I'm asking is that I'm about to take the test tomorrow in London, but I have just realised that since I'm moving to a new flat soon, when I apply for ILR in late September, the home office will see that I apply in a different address to my Life In the UK test certificate's address, and that might create some problems.

A quick yes or no with the country you apply in (i.e. England or Wales or Scotland) and the month & year you passed your test would be greatly appreciated. Thank you very much!

raholptl

Re: Quick help please - only 20 seconds of your time

Post by raholptl » Sat Aug 03, 2013 3:46 am

derrick wrote:If you have taken the Life In The UK test in 2013, does your current address or postcode appear on the certificate?

The reason I'm asking is that I'm about to take the test tomorrow in London, but I have just realised that since I'm moving to a new flat soon, when I apply for ILR in late September, the home office will see that I apply in a different address to my Life In the UK test certificate's address, and that might create some problems.

A quick yes or no with the country you apply in (i.e. England or Wales or Scotland) and the month & year you passed your test would be greatly appreciated. Thank you very much!
It should not matter. There will be a section on the form asking you about the previous address.

leicester_boy
Mood:
United Kingdom

Post by leicester_boy » Sat Aug 03, 2013 2:38 pm

Hi derrick,

Only your post code appears on Life in UK Pass certificate, however that should not be a problem with a different addres on your application form..

Regards
----------------

A quick yes or no with the country you apply in (i.e. England or Wales or Scotland) and the month & year you passed your test would be greatly appreciated. Thank you very much![/quote]

newbie_2013

Post by newbie_2013 » Sat Aug 03, 2013 3:01 pm

derrick wrote:If you have taken the Life In The UK test in 2013, does your current address or postcode appear on the certificate?

I am sure it wont be a problem at all. I live near manchester, but i took my test in london last month as I was living down there for a couple of months (got address proof for that address) and my postcode was different aswell. Shouldnt be a problem as your name will be printed on the certificate. Just leave a note in additional info section on the application if you want to add anything.
People always move houses and some move very frequently (like me :p). It is just a commonsense from us and from UKBA to acknowledge this :)

cheers