ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

naturlization

A section for posts relating to applications for Naturalisation or Registration as a British Citizen. Naturalisation

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

sline_bil26
Newly Registered

naturlization

Post by sline_bil26 » Sat Aug 03, 2013 1:56 pm

I have read few post of the members but still confused about residential qualifying period.
I came to England in 2005 on student visa and got married to BC in 2011 while i was on post study visa. i got my ILR last month ,

Am i eligible to apply for naturalization or not? Will my student visa and 2 years post study visa counts towards the residential qualifying period.

I need a brief answer please.

Regards
Muhammad

Jambo
Respected Guru

Post by Jambo » Sat Aug 03, 2013 2:59 pm

Yes.

mealos

Post by mealos » Sat Aug 03, 2013 5:18 pm

Happily, you can have your legal stay in UK prior to your marriage counted within 3 years' period, considering that as a part of relation spent whilst you are on another visa. (I may need a confirmation from a more experienced member here)

And you can definitely apply the same day you had your ILR as long as you provide a 36 months of stay in UK completed the day that UKBA receives your application.